By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wasn't Vita suppose to outsell Wii this holiday?

VGKing said:
bonkers555 said:

I was very surprise that some of the biggest Vita defender on this site doesn't even own one. VGking just recently purchase one, ethomaz is planning to get one and Pezus doesn't even own one. How can you tell others how great a game system is, even if you don't own it?

BTW the Vita is a great handheld with awesome games.

I don't "defend Vita". I just have a problem with people who keep trashing it and don't get moderated for it.
BTW, if you don't think a system is great, you would never get it in the first place.

If it wasn't for that awesome deal on Black Friday and Playstation Plus, I wouldn't have gotten one this year.

I do agree with you that people shouldn't trash it all the time, but it is weird that consoles(Sony) have a defense squad (regardless if they even own it)on this site which seem to be the same people in every thread, not sure about you though. 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
JayWood2010 said:
man-bear-pig said:
Euphoria14 said:
pezus said:
Kynes said:
pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday. 

Almost no one said that. You are a shill, you can't stop doing your community manager work even when it's a blatant lie what you say, right?

Eh, you clearly have some beef with me, but now that I backed it up (with posts from a single thread), what do you have to say?

Who was the first person to label you as community manager? Just curious. because another came into the Vita thread and told us all that we are disliked and that we are a cult around here.

We have some real angry people here it seems.

Huh? Pezus is the community manager of the Vita thread?

That's odd considering that he doesn't even own one!

Well it's a Sony product so what do you expect? ;)

At the OT:  People expect new products to sell well in their first holidays.

To everybody else saying that nobody was predicting this, their was a lot of people predicting the WiiU to outsell everything this year.  They can't even ship that many WiiU's.  They said they want to sell 5.5m WiiU's this fiscal year which i think ends in March?  Correct me if I'm wrong so people who predicted the WiiU to outsell everything was being ridiculous just like another so called game this year that people predicted 3-5m sold but sold poorly, although I won't mention it's name ;) At least the WiiU is selling well :)

HEY! Paper Mario Sticker Star is a great game! Sales aren't an indication of quality...

lmao oh noooooes you caught me :P lol Jk I haven't played the New Paper mario yet, so I won't judge it just yet.

JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
bonkers555 said:

I was very surprise that some of the biggest Vita defender on this site doesn't even own one. VGking just recently purchase one, ethomaz is planning to get one and Pezus doesn't even own one. How can you tell others how great a game system is, even if you don't own it?

I don't "defend Vita". I just have a problem with people who keep trashing it and don't get moderated for it.
BTW, if you don't think a system is great, you would never get it in the first place.

If it wasn't for that awesome deal on Black Friday and Playstation Plus, I wouldn't have gotten one this year.

I do agree with you that people shouldn't trash it all the time, but it is weird that consoles(Sony) have a defense squad (regardless if they even own it)on this site which seem to be the same people in every thread, not sure about you though. 

All consoles have  a"defense squad". That includes Microsoft and Nintendo.

(P.S. yes, I've owned all Sony consoles at some point in my life, but not exclusively)

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
pezus said:

Just like Wii U was supposed to outsell PS3 this holiday. Heck, I was almost thinking that myself. But people are wrong sometimes and many were wrong about Vita outselling Wii this holiday. 

Just like ps3 was suppose to outsell 3ds? Did you only mention Wiiu because you're bitter lol?

Do you ever say something that isn't bullshit? 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4797397

You seem to get away with murder.  Quite a few people moderated for having a bit of a go at you.  You say that and nothing.

Moderating is a mess on here at the moment.

For saying someone's post is bullshit and then backing it up with evidence? Wow, I better never hear you call someone's else post Bullshit. I've seen you make similar posts quite often.

VGKing said:
JayWood2010 said:
VGKing said:
bonkers555 said:

All consoles have  a"defense squad". That includes Microsoft and Nintendo.

(P.S. yes, I've owned all Sony consoles at some point in my life, but not exclusively)

I'm just going to say I don't notice it as much with Nintendo and MSFT.  Well one fan who has been banned who I think comes back today is defensive with MSFT but besides him MSFT is pretty nonexistent on this site for the most part.  I mean yeah their is a few other fans of MSFT on here but they aren't as active and vocal as him. Their is a lot of nintendo fans but I don't notice them defending things all the time.  That may change if the WiiU sells poorly though.  I'm not talking about fans who support a console btw, I'm talking about the fans who are agressive.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
sperrico87 said:
Bruxel said:
according to video game analysts the vita was suppose to destroy the 3ds because the 3ds to them was a big gimmick.

Only sony has the power to push the vita forward.

Vita has long since passed the point of no return.  Sony should have cut price in the autumn and they refused...huge mistake.  They should have learned from 3DS.  Price cut + holiday lineup leads to explosive sales.  No price cut and a weak holiday lineup leads to mediocre holiday sales.

Nah, sales keep increasing with every week. I don't call that "passed the point of no return".

BTW, Vita's holiday lineup wasn't that great this year as you pointed out, so a price cut so early would only be a temporary boost and then it would go back to selling horribly. We'll be lucky if Vita gets a cut next year though. It obviously needs one, but its up to Sony to decide if the sales increase of Vita is worth the cut into profits.

Vita will definitely get a price cut next year.  Hell, I thought that both the PS3 and Vita would get a price cut in time for the holidays, but I guess Sony decided to favor profit over marketshare this year.  For the PS3, that worked out fine for them, as it still will be the best selling home console for the year (maybe best console, period, if 3DS gets adjusted like it did last year).  For the Vita, it definitely didn't help marketshare-wise, but I'm sure Sony is happy with the profit it's bringing in.  But yea, the Vita will definitely be dropping to $199 some time next year.

kowenicki said:

He actually said EVERYTHING he says is bullshit by his choice of words. You didn't get that? Perhaps English isn't your first language? I dunno? 

Where did he say that? He asked a question.

@VGKing

I hope you aren't advocating for censorship. People are allowed to have agendas, and they are allowed to express negative opinions of products or companies. The only guidelines seem to be that you cannot express those opinions without a basis either in logic or fact, and you cannot be overly incendiary. Besides in fair discourse if there are those that are promoting a product. It only seems to be just that those who want to discourage ownership of said product should also be allowed to be heard.

Anyway they don't need to trash the Vita. The product is in a poor state, and that provides them with more then a ample supply of ammunition. So they don't have to resort to name calling, or even surging to disparage the Vita. All they have to do is repeat the truth, and the truth is always fair. Anyway the obscenity is only in your eyes. To any party outside the discussion, or on the other side of the fence. Their arguments seem to be entirely fair. The pro Sony lobby on these forums had a bully pulpit for a good long time up until the Vita launched, and now it is in the hands of other side. If you didn't have a problem with the hype leading up to the launch. Then you ought not have a problem with the scalp taking after the fact.

How is it fair to argue that it is fair when you do it, but not when the other guy does it. I have been a part of this community for a very long time, and I have seen the tides come in and go out. Do you think the Sony lobby is the proverbial babe in the woods. I have seen them when the tables were reversed, and they most certainly did not hold their punches, and they took every cheap shot they could get. I didn't buy into this logic when Microsoft fans played the crying game, and I don't buy it now when the shoe is on the other foot.

The way I look at it if you shackle yourself to a products promotion or defense. That is a choice you made all on your own, and it is a choice you are more then free to walk away from. If the other guy has a better argument it isn't on you to fight a losing fight. You don't have to shame yourself, or concede the point. All you need to do is stop fighting. Look I am pretty passive as far as console warring is concerned, but it is a game that gets played on these forums like it is a blood sport.

If you want to play that game fine by me, but arguing overkill as far as the Vita is concerned isn't a fair argument to be making. It is basically playing the victim, and that is always about making it personal. Rather then a friendly rivalry. Two negatives do not make a positive. It only creates a escalation. Which means their response has to be more, or to get even nastier. Whatever the case it will always do more damage then it is worth.

I don't know if this is a strategy you have decided to go with, but it has never worked, and it will never work. Even if it feels right. That doesn't make it right. Take your focus off them, and put it back on the product. Find a way to promote the product, or a new way to defend the product. That is the best way to deal with these things, and no other lobbies on these forums don't act the same. Even if they did their behaving badly doesn't justify you acting badly. They are almost never on the defensive, because they usually have the ammunition. So they spend most of their time in stalemates, or actively on the attack. Microsoft and Nintendo fans are rarely on the defensive, and that is just the way things are.

Dodece said:
@VGKing

I hope you aren't advocating for censorship. People are allowed to have agendas, and they are allowed to express negative opinions of products or companies. The only guidelines seem to be that you cannot express those opinions without a basis either in logic or fact, and you cannot be overly incendiary. Besides in fair discourse if there are those that are promoting a product. It only seems to be just that those who want to discourage ownership of said product should also be allowed to be heard.

Anyway they don't need to trash the Vita. The product is in a poor state, and that provides them with more then a ample supply of ammunition. So they don't have to resort to name calling, or even surging to disparage the Vita. All they have to do is repeat the truth, and the truth is always fair. Anyway the obscenity is only in your eyes. To any party outside the discussion, or on the other side of the fence. Their arguments seem to be entirely fair. The pro Sony lobby on these forums had a bully pulpit for a good long time up until the Vita launched, and now it is in the hands of other side. If you didn't have a problem with the hype leading up to the launch. Then you ought not have a problem with the scalp taking after the fact.

How is it fair to argue that it is fair when you do it, but not when the other guy does it. I have been a part of this community for a very long time, and I have seen the tides come in and go out. Do you think the Sony lobby is the proverbial babe in the woods. I have seen them when the tables were reversed, and they most certainly did not hold their punches, and they took every cheap shot they could get. I didn't buy into this logic when Microsoft fans played the crying game, and I don't buy it now when the shoe is on the other foot.

The way I look at it if you shackle yourself to a products promotion or defense. That is a choice you made all on your own, and it is a choice you are more then free to walk away from. If the other guy has a better argument it isn't on you to fight a losing fight. You don't have to shame yourself, or concede the point. All you need to do is stop fighting. Look I am pretty passive as far as console warring is concerned, but it is a game that gets played on these forums like it is a blood sport.

If you want to play that game fine by me, but arguing overkill as far as the Vita is concerned isn't a fair argument to be making. It is basically playing the victim, and that is always about making it personal. Rather then a friendly rivalry. Two negatives do not make a positive. It only creates a escalation. Which means their response has to be more, or to get even nastier. Whatever the case it will always do more damage then it is worth.

I don't know if this is a strategy you have decided to go with, but it has never worked, and it will never work. Even if it feels right. That doesn't make it right. Take your focus off them, and put it back on the product. Find a way to promote the product, or a new way to defend the product. That is the best way to deal with these things, and no other lobbies on these forums don't act the same. Even if they did their behaving badly doesn't justify you acting badly. They are almost never on the defensive, because they usually have the ammunition. So they spend most of their time in stalemates, or actively on the attack. Microsoft and Nintendo fans are rarely on the defensive, and that is just the way things are.

Nope, not talking about censorship in any way, just moderation. If these users break the rules(Flaming/trolling is a against the rules) then they should be banned or given warnings. What you said is true, Vita is selling poorly and that makes it easy for people to "trash it". I have no problem with people saying Vita is selling bad. Its the WAY some of these people say it that makes it flaming. I have never in my life "argued in defense of the Vita" and recently I've resorted to not replying to people who make these kinds of comments at all and just reporting them. Let the mods deal with it.

@bold
Oh they are often on the defensive as well. Look at the Xbox Live vs PS Plus arguments, they are defending their choice to pay for Live(which only comes down to x game voicechat), look at the PS3 vs. Xbox360 arguments, they defend their lack of exclusives by using Halo 4 sales as an example. Do I even need to mention the sales threads and people already defending the poor Wii U sales in Europe? IT'S THE ECONOMY, they say.

It just so happens Sony fans are more on the defensive since there seems to be an anti-Sony article every day and weekly Vita sales especially in Japan bring out the worst in people.

Dodece said:
@VGKing

I'm sorry, I usually enjoy and agree with your posts but you've been here far too long to make this claim. This is simply not true.