By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I cannot get into Hitman: Absolution at all. Anyone with me?

Tagged games:

Do you like the game?

It's amazing! 8 21.62%

It's good! 7 18.92%

It's okay, I guess 4 10.81%

I don't like it at all 7 18.92%

See results. 11 29.73%

Total:37

I'm not in position to give advice about the game or the series. After all, I have never played any Hitman game ever. BUT, if hatmoza says run for the hills, he hates Flower so you should probably ignore him.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
I'm not in position to give advice about the game or the series. After all, I have never played any Hitman game ever. BUT, if hatmoza says run for the hills, he hates Flower so you should probably ignore him.

The only flowers I will ever like will be the ones at your funeral. Now go, go play your precious Hitman.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

The only flowers I will ever like will be the ones at your funeral.

What about the rose petals on our bed?

I thought it was excellent, really enjoyed the main game and played through it a lot, looks and feels so much better than Blood Money on 360 did as well.

my only criticism is that it's maybe a touch on the short side for my liking, I think it's good it leaves itself open for a sequel though, it deserves one and hopefully the next one is longer and they could do with having some more options for the contracts mode (new maps/scenarios, like release DLC for new hits that you can make and stuff would be a great way to keep the game going playability wise)

The tailored edition (whatever that is) is already reduced to £20 in the UK. I'll either get it or Far Cry...

Around the Network

d21lewis said:
Sooner or later, you'll find the game's rhythm (I hope). When that happens, you'll fall in love with it. When you make a guy piss on an electric fence, cause a guy to set himself on fire with his own hair gel, drop a light fixture on a performer, etc., you'll be fine.

EDIT: SORRY D21 don't read since you haven't beaten the game. :( didn't know. There's some stages where there's so many fun ways to take out your target. 

you are giving away the best parts of the game! Like Dropping a whale in the mansion causing your target to go into the panic room which you can find and kill her an climb out the window. You can also dress up as the wrestler instead of dropping a light fixture.

not for d21.

You can see where people are by radar unless you're playing in purist. And if you're having this much trouble you shouldn't play in purist :P.

Obviously, someone can make the argument "couldn't there be someone new" and that's true. But Obviously if your a baldheaded guy with a barcode you should be more suspicious. Disguises without hats should be more easily blown while disguises with masks should be harder to blow. So I think a cross between the two games would be best.

It's a very good game imo an solid 8 or 8.5... not as good as blood money. an 8.5 or 9.

It's also a bit hard to be betrayed by the series when you've only played one other game in a series with a bunch of games. There's a lot of similarities in this game to hitman 2. Which is different from blood money.

Barozi said:
I already told you that I really like it.

Also Jay520 is just as disappointed as you are.

I know he's dissapointed and probably still will be.

has Jay520 even played it? From what I heard he was just dissapointed from the hitman board... and is gonna buy it when its on sale. lol

My brother and I have gotten into the series since the first game and we greatly enjoyed Absolution. I notice most of those that complain about it constantly allude to Blood Money so I rather not comment.

man-bear-pig said:
The tailored edition (whatever that is) is already reduced to £20 in the UK. I'll either get it or Far Cry...

Far Cry 3 without a doubt. I have yet to encounter anyone who doesn't like it, whereas Hitman appears to be split around 50-50.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Man, I'm with you. This is my biggest upset since Socom 4. This could have been a next-gen Hitman! This was all I dreamed of when I was a child. But this, Absolution, I don't know what this is. It may be a decently made game, but it's not Hitman.

At least there's the HD collection to look forward to.