By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I cannot get into Hitman: Absolution at all. Anyone with me?

Tagged games:

Do you like the game?

It's amazing! 8 21.62%

It's good! 7 18.92%

It's okay, I guess 4 10.81%

I don't like it at all 7 18.92%

See results. 11 29.73%

Total:37

I think it's too much like Dishonored and Deus Ex. It isn't doing many things new and got bored pretty fast. Not even an hour into the game. It's also unclear sometimes what you have to do (chinatown...thinglevel).

Around the Network

I thought this game was awesome. I finished it over the weekend. Just a few comments to the OP.
1. play it a little longer before tossing the game aside. The first 3 hours are more of tutorials to show the different ways you can complete each level. (Guns blazing, sneaking, using uniforms, environmental kill, special kills, etc.)

2. A map is not necessary for the sand box levels. The trick is to sneak around and learn the environment and then decide how you want to take down your target. Instinct makes this possible.

3. Disguises work well if you use them in combination with instinct. When anyone suspects you, use your instinct and you cover your face so the person stops being suspicious.

4. Play a little more and the game will live up to it's name. There are lots of targets you need to take out in the game.

5. If you still don't like it, I understand. Everyone has different tastes. And I loved this game.

WiiBox3 said:
I thought this game was awesome. I finished it over the weekend. Just a few comments to the OP.
1. play it a little longer before tossing the game aside. The first 3 hours are more of tutorials to show the different ways you can complete each level. (Guns blazing, sneaking, using uniforms, environmental kill, special kills, etc.)

2. A map is not necessary for the sand box levels. The trick is to sneak around and learn the environment and then decide how you want to take down your target. Instinct makes this possible.

3. Disguises work well if you use them in combination with instinct. When anyone suspects you, use your instinct and you cover your face so the person stops being suspicious.

4. Play a little more and the game will live up to it's name. There are lots of targets you need to take out in the game.

5. If you still don't like it, I understand. Everyone has different tastes. And I loved this game.

Have you played past Hitman titles?

One question, does it have the sniper mini game? I remember seeing some of that in the build up and thought it looked fun.

Jay520 said:
WiiBox3 said:

No. I haven't, so I can't claim that this game is better, worse, different, etc. That's why my comments were solely based on my experience with this game only. But then again, I didn't play any Splinter Cell games either.

Around the Network
WiiBox3 said:
Jay520 said:
WiiBox3 said:

No. I haven't, so I can't claim that this game is better, worse, different, etc. That's why my comments were solely based on my experience with this game only. But then again, I didn't play any Splinter Cell games either.

Just curious to see how many people enjoyed the game who also played past installments. Not many, by the looks of it.

Jay520 said:
WiiBox3 said:
Jay520 said:
WiiBox3 said:

Just curious to see how many people enjoyed the game who also played past installments. Not many, by the looks of it.

Is it a big departure?

LilChicken22 said:
I think it's too much like Dishonored and Deus Ex. It isn't doing many things new and got bored pretty fast. Not even an hour into the game. It's also unclear sometimes what you have to do (chinatown...thinglevel).

Funny you say that, because I was very disappointed by Deus Ex: HR as well. Once again, I just could not see the stealth in it at all.

Dishonored is one of the few recent stealth games I have enjoyed.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

WiiBox3 said:
Jay520 said:
WiiBox3 said:

Is it a big departure?

An enormous departure, yes.

And Jay is right. It seems to me that people who have never really liked Hitman love Absolution whereas those who are fans of the series don't like it at all.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
WiiBox3 said:
Jay520 said:
WiiBox3 said:

Is it a big departure?

An enormous departure, yes.

And Jay is right. It seems to me that people who have never really liked Hitman love Absolution whereas those who are fans of the series don't like it at all.

That's too bad. Maybe they should have not called it Hitman, then everyone would be happy.