By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: The Anomoly that is Gran Turismo vs Forza Motorsport

fillet said:
dsgrue3 said:
Nsanity said:
dsgrue3 said:
Not sure how you can say they are competitors when they aren't on the same systems.
No one buys the xbox for Forza.
Many many people bought PS for Gran Turismo.

With that said, well-written article. I very much agree that Forza has solidified its position as a quality racing game with a solid fanbase.

You have proof of this this?

Do you have proof that anyone does? You don't prove that something doesn't happen, just like you don't prove that God doesn't exist. That's illogical. Show me some data that backs this and I will redact my statement.

No it's the other way round in this situation, because buying a console specifically for a game is something that has happened before.

Forza is a game and people have bought console for games before so it's likely someone has bought an Xbox 360 just to play Forza.

If data was provided I'd expect nothing short of a grovelling apology....pshhhh redact your statement indeed!

(so there!)

No, actually it isn't. I'm asking for data. You've provided nothing but your own suppositions. Laughably ignorant. Dunning-Kruger at work again. Tired of citing that damn effect.

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
Nsanity said:
dsgrue3 said:
Not sure how you can say they are competitors when they aren't on the same systems.

With that said, well-written article. I very much agree that Forza has solidified its position as a quality racing game with a solid fanbase.

Do you have proof that anyone does? You don't prove that something doesn't happen, just like you don't prove that God doesn't exist. That's illogical. Show me some data that backs this and I will redact my statement.

Considering if you want multi-display support with Forza you'll need two extra Xbox 360's, I'd say it's likely that Forza sells consoles.

Forza can support up to three displays when all three consoles are interconnected and have a copy of Forza running in them.

dsgrue3 said:
fillet said:
dsgrue3 said:
Nsanity said:
dsgrue3 said:

No it's the other way round in this situation, because buying a console specifically for a game is something that has happened before.

Forza is a game and people have bought console for games before so it's likely someone has bought an Xbox 360 just to play Forza.

If data was provided I'd expect nothing short of a grovelling apology....pshhhh redact your statement indeed!

(so there!)

No, actually it isn't. I'm asking for data. You've provided nothing but your own suppositions. Laughably ignorant. Dunning-Kruger at work again. Tired of citing that damn effect.

I bought the 360 just for Forza. Sure I was introduced to new things but Forza is still the reason I bought a 360. Stop being an idiot. You actually think that NOBODY bought a 360 for Forza? Out of the million people who bought Forza 1 didn't fall in love with it.

Stupidest conversation I've seen all year! Your assumptions aren't facts, now get over yourself and be quiet because Nsanity is right and you are wrong.

Simple. Accept it. Good day.

lol @sales2099

Fail thread lol lol lol

My comments about that "huge" Forza fanbase.

[fanboy mode = off]

Now seriously.

The Forza userbase is never that big before... most of Forza 3 sales is because the holiday bundles deals made by Microsoft (Forza 4 is in the same path).

I'm not saying the GT sales not came from bundles too... GT3 for example was heavly bundled in US... the 7 million sales in US for it is unrealistic... at least 4 million come from bundles... the real userbase of the GT franchise in US is ~2-3 million... in Europe the user base is bigger 5million+ and not GT have heavy bundle in Europe (just limited).

If you compare the franchises... the userbase in US is close (500-700k in favor to GT?) but the big problem is Europe... the Forza userbase in Europe is near 1 million... Microsoft needs to grow up the Forza series there but seem like Europeans loves Gran Turismo (even UK where GT5 sold over 1 million units).

About the quality... I'm not a racer fan... not a Need for Speed or any other racing game fan... I'm just a simulator fan, I need a very good wheel to play my simulators games... and the Forza franchise lacks a lot of thing I like in simulator and add a lot of thinks I don't care because they are more for racing games fans (I don't like to waste my time tunning the color or apparecence of my car... that's useless).

In a simulator view point the most advanced Forza game for me is Forza 3... Forza 4 lost a little of pure blood simulator present in Forza 3... I can see why in a market strategy made to gain more users but seem like that's don't happened.

Forza 3 is the best in the franchise for me... I played Horizon some days ago and I hated... they just destoyed the franchise (call anything except Forza) it is even worst than the new Need For Speed... I do not consider Horizon part of the franchise.

So in overall quality the GT5 cames ahead Forza 3... there little things in driving physics, tacks, cars, and engine tunning that make the GT5 better than Forza 3... for a simulator fan like me that's amazing... Forza 3 have some things that tops GT5 too, the most notiable is the amazing AI (I think the Forza 3's AI is the best I ever seen in a simulator game... the GT5's AI came close but is below it... Forza have no AI err there is AI but it's so dummy)... there is cons in GT5 too but the pros is so bealtiful that makes the cons acceptable (even so PD try to fix they regularly).

That's it... I can not stop playing GT5... every week there is a new thing to do... a new Seasonal Event or a new car to play... I loved to play the new Corvette Prototype for example....

Now the GTPlanet guys found more options (engine tunning, NITRO, lvl5 turbo, break tunning, new tires) , cars, etc in the GT5... I think PD is in the development of the Spec III and I'm full ready for the Spec III update in 2013.

[fanboy mode = on]

WOW I can be me again... GT5 is the Racing Simulator of Decade... DEFINITIVE... better than any Forza 3, Forza 4, Horizon, GT4 or previous GTs. 

Adinnieken said:
dsgrue3 said:
Nsanity said:
dsgrue3 said:

Considering if you want multi-display support with Forza you'll need two extra Xbox 360's, I'd say it's likely that Forza sells consoles.

Forza can support up to three displays when all three consoles are interconnected and have a copy of Forza running in them.

Fantastic post, :)

Now where's that redacted statement?

You can also apologise for basically calling me an ignorant tool and then have a good look in the mirror.

Around the Network
pezus said:

I knew this was a sales2099 thread immediately, because I went straight to the conclusion and saw the word "bully" being used about GT.

bully, huh? I guess that confirms it. This is definitely a Sales2099 thread. Maybe I'll read it later.

dsgrue3 said:
fillet said:
dsgrue3 said:
Nsanity said:
dsgrue3 said:

(so there!)

Actually a friend of mine bought an Xbox 360 for Forza 3. True story.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Another think make GT game ahed their time... POST SUPPORT!!!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151355

Shame that he got banned before he posted it.

Good read sales. Lots of effort put into it, which we hardly see these days from notable users.

Carl2291 said:
Shame that he got banned before he posted it.

Good read sales. Lots of effort put into it, which we hardly see these days from notable users.

So when was your last decent thread again ? :P