By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Wii U) What Nintendo Main IP is Going to be Announced Next?

Next Big Nintendo IP Annoucement For Wii U?

F-ZERO 19 7.92%

ANIMAL CROSSING 6 2.50%

KIRBY 5 2.08%

STAR FOX 36 15.00%

YOSHI 54 22.50%

METROID 69 28.75%

D.K. 9 3.75%

FIRE EMBLEM 4 1.67%

BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE SEEN IP!!! 35 14.58%

SMALL IP'S (GOLDEN SUN, ... 3 1.25%

Total:240

@super etecoon

Your right when it comes to nintendo! Even though similar face most games play very different! As of other systems there are only few ip's with sequels, as nintendo does this alot most play a different play style!

Around the Network

Oh, btw...in regards to which IP I think will be released...let's just say that I am hoping for a 2D Metroid ala Super Metroid, and therefore that is what I think they will announce next. And that is what you call wishfull thinking.

bananaking21 said:
i want to ask nintendo owners something and im not trying to bash or attack nintendo, if you want to argue with me please just ignore my post and move on. my question is, dont you nintendo owners sometimes get bored with nintendo news? the reason im saying this is because there is never element of surprise, it always a matter of "when" not "what" games will be released? dont you guys want something new? does it have to be the same games everytime? looking at that poll its just the same thing for over 20 years now you can say.

again not trying to start shit, just an honest question. since nintendo consoles are known for little 3rd party support people buy it for its 1st party games only, so i want to know the opinion of nintendo only owners

There were a lot of new IPs from Nintendo over the last years: Xenoblade Chronicles, Wii Fit, Wii Sport/Resort, Wii Play, Dillon's Rolling Western, Publox (Pushmo)/Fallblox (Crashmo), Freakyforms Deluxe, Pandora's Tower etc. I think Nintendo does some new IP from time to time. Doesn't change the fact, that most people buy Mario-games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Yoshi. I believe all the rumors.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Most votes went to Metroid no suprise there but i thought star fox would be 2nd??? And almost no one voted for DK! Suprised there

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
i want to ask nintendo owners something and im not trying to bash or attack nintendo, if you want to argue with me please just ignore my post and move on. my question is, dont you nintendo owners sometimes get bored with nintendo news? the reason im saying this is because there is never element of surprise, it always a matter of "when" not "what" games will be released? dont you guys want something new? does it have to be the same games everytime? looking at that poll its just the same thing for over 20 years now you can say.

again not trying to start shit, just an honest question. since nintendo consoles are known for little 3rd party support people buy it for its 1st party games only, so i want to know the opinion of nintendo only owners

I genuinely NEVER get bored of Nintendo. Every time a new Mario comes out, I feel excited. When a new Zelda is announced, I almost combust with excitement. Kirby, Donkey Kong and now Pit - it's just all so magical. Don't get me wrong, I love my time with my PS3, but nothing for me creates magic and a sense of wonder and awe like Nintendo can. Every time I play a newly released Mario or Zelda, I feel about 10 years old on Christmas Day. So nope - I get that people don't understand that, but personally I think that's a little sad. 

Hoping for either Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem.

Those two are awesome franchises I love. Zelda is a guaranteed sooner or later so don't care on that.

Never played golden sun or earthbound, but hear great things about them. Both RPG's right? I love RPG's. So wouldn't mind either of them.

Depends on Metroid's style. I like the Prime style over the other metroids I have played, so if a new Prime style game comes out I'm psyched.

But essentially I want the non-guarantees to be announced, like Fire Emblem, or old games brought back to life like Kid Icarus, Golden Sun or Earthbound.

BUT THE OPENING TOPIC AND POLL FORGET THE MAIN TITLE THAT EVERYONE WANTS. A FULL FLEDGED POKEMON GAME, OR MMO POKEMON.

irstupid said:
Hoping for either Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem.

Those two are awesome franchises I love. Zelda is a guaranteed sooner or later so don't care on that.

Never played golden sun or earthbound, but hear great things about them. Both RPG's right? I love RPG's. So wouldn't mind either of them.

Depends on Metroid's style. I like the Prime style over the other metroids I have played, so if a new Prime style game comes out I'm psyched.

But essentially I want the non-guarantees to be announced, like Fire Emblem, or old games brought back to life like Kid Icarus, Golden Sun or Earthbound.

BUT THE OPENING TOPIC AND POLL FORGET THE MAIN TITLE THAT EVERYONE WANTS. A FULL FLEDGED POKEMON GAME, OR MMO POKEMON.

Pokemon most likely be on the 3ds! Most games are spin offs thats why i didn't put pokemon!!! Also you better get fire emblem on the 3ds! its coming out soon

tbone51 said:

Pokemon most likely be on the 3ds! Most games are spin offs thats why i didn't put pokemon!!! Also you better get fire emblem on the 3ds! its coming out soon

You gotta work on your quote button.  Whatever your using to post doesn't seem to do it correctly.

But damn right, really pumped for February.  Hopefully it is better than Shadow Dragon for DS though.  That was the worst Fire Emblem I have played.  Been playing again The Sacred Stones lately.  That game is great.  

I believe, based on the rumors, that yoshi is next. This is really disappointing to me because really the last couple of years have been A LOT of 2D plat's out of nintendo. Really kind of annoying. I hope the next big IP for the platform is either Metroid or StarFox. I would prefer it be Metroid be handled by Retro and Starfox be handled by someone new and exciting ( I would really like platinum games to develop the new starfox.)

I honestly really hope someone get's starfox right, I want Starfox Wii U.

Most of all though, I really hope that whatever Nintendo puts out uses the gamepad well.