By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NDS to be Highest Seller of All Time

MDMAlliance said:
bananaking21 said:
didnt the ps3 like ship 156 million last time we got ps2 shipments ?

Wut?  PS3?  Is this a typo? lol

hahaha of course its a typo!!! it will be a while until the ps3 gets to that number :P 

Around the Network

isn't the PS2 at 156 million right now? I'm pretty sure that number is wrong. I mean in the official Japan numbers PS2 outsells it 3 to 1 this week.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

sales2099 said:
Funny thing is consumer confusion about DS vs 3DS will put DS over the top.

And so ends the era of PS2 domination. I much rather prefer Nintendo holding the crown.

Why? Do you seriously conside that the PS2 did not have a good enough libarary to hold the title?

OT: congrats to the DS

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

bananaking21 said:
MDMAlliance said:
bananaking21 said:

hahaha of course its a typo!!! it will be a while until the ps3 gets to that number :P 

An eternity would be the more fitting term here.

Signature goes here!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149339&page=1

I made a thread which talks analyses software and hardware sales. In it I have updated the PS2 hardware sold and explained my calculations based off shipment figures. Below is the specific post.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4858089

NDS is nearly 4 million units behind the PS2 in terms of sales, but might catch up to 3 million with strong sales this fall. However PS2 was doing better during the year, and will likely sell better then NDS, thus maintain 1st in terms of overall console sales.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Yeah, let's take VGC as official. Congrats DS, or no not, sry. PS2 isn't updated here since like 2 years, so this thread is bs.

Congrats to Nintendo for retaking the crown, or soon to retake the crown!!

congrates to the DS line of systems

MDMAlliance said:
Kenology said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Busted said:

Woah, we've come a looooong way though i think it will take a little more time i'm confident it will become the highest selling Vgame machine of all time, just amazing

The thread you linked is soooo funny now.

What's even more amusing about that thread is it was the exact same way with the 3DS and Vita.

Yeah, I was like "this kind of talk looks familiar."  

there is some really great stuff in that thread, 8 years ago and people saying that nintendo relying too much on their first party stuff and no one will want more mario games in a years time :D you'd have thought that old drum would have broke by now from all that banging but it keeps on going just like the Mario games.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TruckOSaurus said:
bananaking21 said:
MDMAlliance said:
bananaking21 said:

An eternity would be the more fitting term here.

if by eternity you mean 2/3 years then sure!