By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NDS to be Highest Seller of All Time

That old thread is pretty funny. It reminds me of current discussions of WiiU. People sound so confident in there opinions. I was (obviously) way too early to judge DS back then, and too early to judge WiiU today. I can remember thinking DS was gonig to bomb ( I bought a PSP). lol. I think WiiU will be a big success but it will be a year before we get a true indication.

Around the Network
Busted said:

Woah, we've come a looooong way though i think it will take a little more time i'm confident it will become the highest selling Vgame machine of all time, just amazing

Hilarious link haha

This is a major achievement. Becoming the best-selling video game system AND outselling PS2 -- arguably the greatest and more enduring console of all time.

Funny thing is consumer confusion about DS vs 3DS will put DS over the top.

And so ends the era of PS2 domination. I much rather prefer Nintendo holding the crown.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

spurgeonryan said:
So you are saying the PS2, which sales numbers are almost nonexistent in North America, Japan,and Europe,has sold as much or more than the DSnthis year? Highly unlikely!

Sony's fiscal year projection for the PS2 is 3 million. Nintendo's projection for the DS is 2.5. Plus VGChartz has a very long term overtrack on the DS. We have it selling more than what it had shipped back in Q4 2004.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

didnt the ps3 like ship 156 million last time we got ps2 shipments ?

bananaking21 said:
didnt the ps3 like ship 156 million last time we got ps2 shipments ?

Wut?  PS3?  Is this a typo? lol

TruckOSaurus said:
Busted said:

Woah, we've come a looooong way though i think it will take a little more time i'm confident it will become the highest selling Vgame machine of all time, just amazing

The thread you linked is soooo funny now.

What's even more amusing about that thread is it was the exact same way with the 3DS and Vita.

Kenology said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Busted said:

What's even more amusing about that thread is it was the exact same way with the 3DS and Vita.

Yeah, I was like "this kind of talk looks familiar."  

Kenology said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Busted said:

Well it is said that the games industry is cyclical.

VGChartz