By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MOST UNDERRATED HANDHELD GAMES!!!

naruball said:
bonkers555 said:
Tactics Ogre: Let's Us Cling Together. Every PSP owner should play this awesome game.

I bought it because of word of mouth on vgc and I'm so grateful, as it's one of the best games I've ever played. I also kinda hate you guys, as this game was so damn addictive that I missed several deadlines and did terrible at uni for quite some time -_-

Anyway, imho, Sound Shapes. It is by far the best game to play for a minute or two right before you fall asleep. I've been doing this (about twice a week) ever since it was released (after actually beating the game). Sure, it's quite short, but has TONS of replay value. No matter what happens, I will never delete it from my vita.

I'm so glad I'm done school. I have so much time to catch up on games like these. I missed so many, especially on handhelds. I have Tactics Ogre for PSP and GBA to work on, Fire Emblem 6 and 12 (imported the games and got patches for them), Jeanne d'Arc, and Valkyrie Chronicles 2 to work on.

and those are just the SRPG's, I have about two dozen other RPG's to work on for my GBA/DS/PSP. Won't be getting a 3DS XL for a while (want a damn redesign, the current XL is so ugly!).

But I will get Fire: Emblem Awakening day 1, even if I can't play it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Michael-5 said:

naruball said:

bonkers555 said:
Tactics Ogre: Let's Us Cling Together. Every PSP owner should play this awesome game.

I bought it because of word of mouth on vgc and I'm so grateful, as it's one of the best games I've ever played. I also kinda hate you guys, as this game was so damn addictive that I missed several deadlines and did terrible at uni for quite some time -_-
Anyway, imho, Sound Shapes. It is by far the best game to play for a minute or two right before you fall asleep. I've been doing this (about twice a week) ever since it was released (after actually beating the game). Sure, it's quite short, but has TONS of replay value. No matter what happens, I will never delete it from my vita.

I'm so glad I'm done school. I have so much time to catch up on games like these. I missed so many, especially on handhelds. I have Tactics Ogre for PSP and GBA to work on, Fire Emblem 6 and 12 (imported the games and got patches for them), Jeanne d'Arc, and Valkyrie Chronicles 2 to work on.
and those are just the SRPG's, I have about two dozen other RPG's to work on for my GBA/DS/PSP. Won't be getting a 3DS XL for a while (want a damn redesign, the current XL is so ugly!).

i kind of like the XL but alot of people dont like its design... oh well but out of all games coming out soon definitely getting me fire emblem!!! Im so surprised its underrated!!! Not one Fire Emblem game sold a mil but hopefully (it will) this can since about 500k in japan and america gets the other half!

These games need to be better exposed!!! Doesn't SSB help??? Thats how i first knew about the franchise back in 2001

Michael-5 said:
PhantomLink said:
Michael-5 said:
PhantomLink said:

Both Golden Sun games on GBA are god-like, but are not overrated in my opinion, both got praise from critics and gamers.

1 million sales for games of this calibur are low. That's why I mentioned it as Under-rated. The two GBA games are better then most SNES RPG's, including Final Fantasy IMO.

undersold maybe, but not underated

I was making a joke. If a 9/10 game is under-rated, then it's damn good isn't it eh? lol It's diffinatly undersold too, Nintendo could have made this into it's big RPG IP.

Well to be honest both GS on GBA are just a little underrated in my opinion :P. Anything lower than 9.9 is blasphemy.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Smeags said:

Great games one and all... and for the most part they really never found an audience. Shameful.

are all these games connected??? or is it like maybe different stories and timelines??? Never played but i used to kno someone who enjoyed them very much

The World Ends With You

Around the Network

Well.. I would say Dungeons and Dragons Tactics.. it was not great.. but deserved better then what it got.. also the Warhammer Trading Card Game on PSP.. I liked it.. (Once again not great.. but once you got used to it.. it was fun and addicting)

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Game Gear.  That is all.

tbone51 said:

AceOfCakez said:
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

What system???

PSP

PC (so far in japan only) but around when the sequel is released is when I might expect it to be released on PC or PS3.

The PC and PS3 ports aren't confirmed by XSEED, but they're working on the 2nd one, and they've hinted at releases of the first one on PC before they release the 2nd on possibly on PS3, PC, or PSN network.

Long story short. In english, it's on PSP only.

tbone51 said:

Michael-5 said:

naruball said:

bonkers555 said:
Tactics Ogre: Let's Us Cling Together. Every PSP owner should play this awesome game

i kind of like the XL but alot of people dont like its design... oh well but out of all games coming out soon definitely getting me fire emblem!!! Im so surprised its underrated!!! Not one Fire Emblem game sold a mil but hopefully (it will) this can since about 500k in japan and america gets the other half!

These games need to be better exposed!!! Doesn't SSB help??? Thats how i first knew about the franchise back in 2001

I like the design, but I hate how it only comes in red/blue and that the front half is always black. I want a less kiddie looking colour. My GBA SP is silver, and I love it, I kind of want a solid black 3DS XL.

I'm 50/50 on Fire Emblem Awakening breaking 500k sales in Americas. It's bound to do better then Shadow Dragon, a remake, but I'm not sure if it will get over 400k like the GBA iterations. Nintendo didn't show this game at E3, and is doing very little to promote it. However it should be the first to break 1 million with the aid of Europe. It's great that this franchise is growing.

SSB is actually the reason why Fire Emblem got localized. Marth and Roy were playable characters, but before SSBM most people outside of Japan did not know who they were. It was all the hype generated by SSB that the second Fire Emblem got the green light to be localized, and man....the GBA is by far my favorite handheld now because of games like this.

SSB isn't a garentee though, Earthbound got a lot more popular with Ness in SSB, and Lucas was in SSBB, but we never saw Earthbound 2 get localized outside of Japan.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

PhantomLink said:
Michael-5 said:
PhantomLink said:

I was making a joke. If a 9/10 game is under-rated, then it's damn good isn't it eh? lol It's diffinatly undersold too, Nintendo could have made this into it's big RPG IP.

Well to be honest both GS on GBA are just a little underrated in my opinion :P. Anything lower than 9.9 is blasphemy.

My thoughts exactly