By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MOST UNDERRATED HANDHELD GAMES!!!

Im not sure if this game is underrated but if anyone wants a great rpg try chrono trigger!!! they made a port to the ds and its virtual console for wii!!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CLASSIC!!! ONE OF THE BEST SOUNDTRACKS TOOO...

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
damnnn i played almost every great nintendo ip but i missed 2!!! Golden Sun is going to be hard to track down since its on GBA! I wished 3ds e shop made it a downloadable title!!!
The other ip i always wanted to play is earthbound since ness was one of my main fighters in all SSB!

I'll be checkin online for GS for GBA!!! Glad there is a game similar to mario rpg!!! (i do like papermario series especially the 2nd one!!!)

You realize they also made a sequel to Earthbound on the GBA, but never localized it? The fanbase was so huge that individual gamers actually translated it themselves?

http://mother3.fobby.net/

It's expensive to import the game, but this is where Lucas comes from and the game is just as good as Earthbound. To play this legally you would have to import it, and play the ROM on your PC, or import it, buy something called an EZ-Flash IV, and move the ROM file with the patch to the EZ Flash IV and play it on your GBA.

As for Paper Mario, Golden Sun plays a lot like that, but a bit more mature, a bit more like a trnaditional SNES RPG. Amazing game though, it's my favorite portable game....yea wow it is, and one of the best RPG's.

Some other good Nintendo GBA recommendations: Advance Wars, Fire Emblem (Sacred Stones is the best), Metroid Fusion, Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Mother 3/Earthbound 2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

PhantomLink said:

Both Golden Sun games on GBA are god-like, but are not overrated in my opinion, both got praise from critics and gamers.

1 million sales for games of this calibur are low. That's why I mentioned it as Under-rated. The two GBA games are better then most SNES RPG's, including Final Fantasy IMO.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Legend of Heroes Trails In the Sky.

Michael-5 said:
PhantomLink said:

Both Golden Sun games on GBA are god-like, but are not overrated in my opinion, both got praise from critics and gamers.

1 million sales for games of this calibur are low. That's why I mentioned it as Under-rated. The two GBA games are better then most SNES RPG's, including Final Fantasy IMO.

undersold maybe, but not underated

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Around the Network

Michael-5 said:

tbone51 said:
damnnn i played almost every great nintendo ip but i missed 2!!! Golden Sun is going to be hard to track down since its on GBA! I wished 3ds e shop made it a downloadable title!!!
The other ip i always wanted to play is earthbound since ness was one of my main fighters in all SSB!

I'll be checkin online for GS for GBA!!! Glad there is a game similar to mario rpg!!! (i do like papermario series especially the 2nd one!!!)

You realize they also made a sequel to Earthbound on the GBA, but never localized it? The fanbase was so huge that individual gamers actually translated it themselves?
http://mother3.fobby.net/
It's expensive to import the game, but this is where Lucas comes from and the game is just as good as Earthbound. To play this legally you would have to import it, and play the ROM on your PC, or import it, buy something called an EZ-Flash IV, and move the ROM file with the patch to the EZ Flash IV and play it on your GBA.
As for Paper Mario, Golden Sun plays a lot like that, but a bit more mature, a bit more like a trnaditional SNES RPG. Amazing game though, it's my favorite portable game....yea wow it is, and one of the best RPG's.

Some other good Nintendo GBA recommendations: Advance Wars, Fire Emblem (Sacred Stones is the best), Metroid Fusion, Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Mother 3/Earthbound 2.

i played all english versions of fire emblem!!! Proud to say beat every mario rpg! GBA had good games Metroid i beat, matter of fact beat every metroid to date beside hunters and the original!!! Advance wars is a Nintendo IP???

My first goal is to beat golden sun! Most recently beat rpg are paper mario SS which is good but not great, Xenoblade which is fantastic!!! I cant wait for my next 3ds title either Fire Emblem im lookin at you!!!!

Keep the Underrated games coming im pretty sure people should look into them!!!

PhantomLink said:

Michael-5 said:

PhantomLink said:

undersold maybe, but not underated

well more need to be sold then lol! Still it sounds fun!!!

iWarMachine said:
COD: Decclasified

it's NOT 3/10 Bad. it's a 7/10 game, it's call of duty 100% but downsized to a handheld and a 6month development.

I agree 100% and i've said the same thing in another thread. Not even close to a 3/10 game. Reviews just like to hate the Vita. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

bonkers555 said:
Tactics Ogre: Let's Us Cling Together. Every PSP owner should play this awesome game.

I bought it because of word of mouth on vgc and I'm so grateful, as it's one of the best games I've ever played. I also kinda hate you guys, as this game was so damn addictive that I missed several deadlines and did terrible at uni for quite some time -_-

Anyway, imho, Sound Shapes. It is by far the best game to play for a minute or two right before you fall asleep. I've been doing this (about twice a week) ever since it was released (after actually beating the game). Sure, it's quite short, but has TONS of replay value. No matter what happens, I will never delete it from my vita.

999 and Virtue´s Last Reward

In fact, Virtue´s last reward is my 2012 GOTY