By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MOST UNDERRATED HANDHELD GAMES!!!

N+ is possibly my favorite platformer on the PSP, and it sold a measly 30k.

Both of the Classic Dungeon games were amazing. Just thinking about them makes me want to go back and play them. If you're a fan of action RPGs, Dungeon Crawlers, and classic games, you can't go wrong with these games. The soundtracks are amazing as well, and they even give you the choice between 8-bit and modern music. Cladun X2 does surpass the first game in every way, so I recommmend you get that if you're interested.

Locoroco: Midnight Carnival is my favorite game in the series. The reviewers panned the game for being too difficult for the controls, but I didn't have much trouble after the first few, easy, stages.

Around the Network

Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) and Suikoden Tierkreis (DS).

I'm currently playing RE6 and Revelations is waaaaay better, it got some attention and good reviews but it's definitely underrated.

Suikoden Tierkreis is really a great game, the music is awesome and the story is good, but most people hate it probably because they like the previous Suikoden better than Tierkreis.

Edit: Finally over 1000 post, after 5+ years

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Front Mission DS - a remake of the best strategy RPG to hit the SNES, has a 15 hour long epilogue added. It's a shame people don't know about this franchise because it's just as good, if not better then Fire Emblem and Jeanne d'Arc. This game also has a really interesting story, a deeper one then most game surrounding the loss of your wife, and your fight for vengence. Has a damn good conclusion in the last few missions.

Gran Turismo PSP - With over 800 cars, this game is comparable with GT5. So what there is no career mode, all that means is that you get credits to race in whatever cars you like, on whatever track you like, at whatever difficulty. Only major downfall is a market that only sells specific cars on specific dates, and of the 800 cars, half are repeats, nearly identical special edition models of the same car, or just the same car with minor trim differences for different regions. I know this game sold reasonably well for a PSP game, but for a Gran Turismo....

Golden Sun - GBA - Okay this game did break a million sales, but if you play it you will realize that's nothing compared to what it deserved. This is the best RPG to come from Nintendo since Super Mario RPG (Well now Wii has a couple just as good if not better ones). This is a true successor to Super Mario RPG in terms of gameplay and RPG style. It's also set at the perfect difficulty, I beat both end game bosses on my last possible turn in a 20 minute battle. Meaning had it not been for a dinky scratch I performed on my last move, the bosses move would have killed me.

Kirby's Tilt'n'Tumble - I love non-platformer Kirby games, Kirby's Dream Course for the SNES is one of my favorite games ever, and this isn't bad either. This is one of Nintendo's first pioneers into motion controls, you would actually have to tilt the GBC to roll Kirby, and flick him the make him jump over obstacles. For the time, this was increadibly addicting, and the wuality is still there.

Unfortunatly, I can't think of a single GB game I loved to play that isn't a compercial success. Zelda, Pokemon, Wario Land, Donkey Kong Land, Metroid, Kirby, all comercial success's. So I will name a GBC game which is playable on GB (I think).

Game & Watch Gallery 2 - GBC -This is one of the few games I care about getting a high score in. With every benchmark you set, you get rewarded with new content, new minigames, new level skins, and you know what? Getting through Donkey Kong 3x on hard and returning to the start is quite satisfying. I spent probably close to 100 hours playing this game.

I could name a few others too, Tactics Ogre for GBA, Metroid Prime Pinball for DS (surprisingly addictive), Soma Bringer and ASH for the DS (patches available online), Infinite Space for DS, etc

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

tbone51 said:
Im actually talking for some1 else and i might give it a try

DS title Sonic Chronicles Dark Brotherhood
Friend says its pretty good but people turned off because its not a SONIC GAME. Guess he meant not running top notch speed!
It seems like mario is the only person in gaming that could do it all!!! Driving, platforming, rpging, sports, throw parties, and even be a main fighter in one of the best(if not the best) fighter game!!!!

It's not just not a Sonic game, it's a poor RPG. If you're a huge Sonic fan, give it a shot, but don't expect a plot deeper then Sonic Adventure.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

tbone51 said:

Friend says its pretty good but people turned off because its not a SONIC GAME. Guess he meant not running top notch speed!
It seems like mario is the only person in gaming that could do it all!!! Driving, platforming, rpging, sports, throw parties, and even be a main fighter in one of the best(if not the best) fighter game!!!!

It's not just not a Sonic game, it's a poor RPG. If you're a huge Sonic fan, give it a shot, but don't expect a plot deeper then Sonic Adventure.

he is a huge sonic fan... I never tried it out, i guess i shouldn't take his word lol.. Glad you mention mario RPG my favorite classic of all time. I heard good things about Golden Sun, I might give it a go!!!

Maybe even the main character(dont remember name maybe Isaac?) be in SSB4 since he was in brawl as a assist trophy

Around the Network

Now i guess from opening this thread i'll try out Golden Sun but should i start from the original or DS version??? I dont kno if its a sequel or a remake!!! Help would be nice thanks!!!

tbone51 said:
Now i guess from opening this thread i'll try out Golden Sun but should i start from the original or DS version??? I dont kno if its a sequel or a remake!!! Help would be nice thanks!!!

Start from the first GBA Golden Sun. Golden Sun: The Lost Age for GBA is a direct sequel, taking place right after Golden Sun, and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is another sequel.

However don't judge Golden Sun by Dark Dawn!! Golden Sun for GBA are much much better, they honestly play a lot like Super Mario RPG, or a classic Final Fantasy game (more like Mario with the puzzles between fights, and dungeons similar to Zelda style).

So start from Golden Sun 1 on GBA.

P.S. If you play a legit version, you can transfer your characters to Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Pretty cool, they actually become members of your party near the end of the game.

tbone51 said:

Michael-5 said:

tbone51 said:

he is a huge sonic fan... I never tried it out, i guess i shouldn't take his word lol.. Glad you mention mario RPG my favorite classic of all time. I heard good things about Golden Sun, I might give it a go!!!

Maybe even the main character(dont remember name maybe Isaac?) be in SSB4 since he was in brawl as a assist trophy

If you like Super Mario RPG, you will love Golden Sun. It play very similar, even looks similar with it's 3D sprites.

damnnn i played almost every great nintendo ip but i missed 2!!! Golden Sun is going to be hard to track down since its on GBA! I wished 3ds e shop made it a downloadable title!!!
The other ip i always wanted to play is earthbound since ness was one of my main fighters in all SSB!

I'll be checkin online for GS for GBA!!! Glad there is a game similar to mario rpg!!! (i do like papermario series especially the 2nd one!!!)

Both Golden Sun games on GBA are god-like, but are not overrated in my opinion, both got praise from critics and gamers.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?