By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - MOST UNDERRATED HANDHELD GAMES!!!

GTA Chinatown wars is always overshadowed by its bigger iterations when imo outclasses them in many ways
Kid icarus Uprising was mistreated by the media and got some really harsh, unfair reviews

Around the Network
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Kid Icarus: Uprising. People like to slag it off because it's got a large learning curve with the controls but once you get used to it, it pretty much is the best game on the 3DS.

After RE revelations it would be KIU!!! I Mean come on the game was excellent and one of the best story telling of an ip from nintendo, and if thats not good enough its a SSB shooter with great online battles!!!

I know this isn't the best example since it's a fairly big IP yet it sold kinda poorly, but:

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (PSP)

Yes I'm playing it now, but shit son, it's Star Wars Battlefront in my pocket. I was expecting it to be horribly compromised, but apart from some control issues which take about half an hour to get used to, everything else is here. I am really, really loving it. Vita and PSP owners owe it to themselves to try this one!

Just thought of one, even though sales were good, it was notihing compared to sequel and prequel! The DS title Mario and Luigi partners in time!!! My favorite of the trio! Bowser inside story sold miles more .... oh well

pokemon gen 3 (this is my personal favorite but i see why people say gen 2 was better)

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
GTA Chinatown wars is always overshadowed by its bigger iterations when imo outclasses them in many ways
Kid icarus Uprising was mistreated by the media and got some really harsh, unfair reviews

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ds?sort=desc

GTA chinatown wars is the highest critic scored DS game on metacritic :) lot of people agree with you on it. I know what you mean it's over shadowed by the console GTA's but then again, so is everything :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Kresnik said:
I know this isn't the best example since it's a fairly big IP yet it sold kinda poorly, but:

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (PSP)

Yes I'm playing it now, but shit son, it's Star Wars Battlefront in my pocket. I was expecting it to be horribly compromised, but apart from some control issues which take about half an hour to get used to, everything else is here. I am really, really loving it. Vita and PSP owners owe it to themselves to try this one!

I had a lot of fun with that one too, love some Galatic Conquest.

I'll throw in Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 on PSP, not quite a true metal gear game but one of the most entertaining card based games I've ever played.

ganoncrotch said:

DieAppleDie said:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ds?sort=desc
GTA chinatown wars is the highest critic scored DS game on metacritic :) lot of people agree with you on it. I know what you mean it's over shadowed by the console GTA's but then again, so is everything :D

maybe i should make a thread about that??? Something like what existing games on handhelds are better than their home console counterparts???

Tactics Ogre: Let's Us Cling Together. Every PSP owner should play this awesome game.

Metal Geasr Solid Peace Walker
Gravity Rush
Littlebigplanet Vita

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m