By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WiiU be the Global Leader?

When will WiiU be the weekly Global sales leader?

This week - Japan will put it over the top! 58 19.21%

Some time in December. 17 5.63%

In the New Year - Japan w... 37 12.25%

Next Summer - It's supply constrained. 20 6.62%

Christmas 2013 - 3D Mario Needed... 61 20.20%

Never! PS360 is on a 10-year cycle! 105 34.77%

Total:298
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo set themselves up to get mauled on Sony and Microsoft's turf next year.They should've truly stuck with the casuals this holiday season. Now its time to play with the big boys.

Like they did with the Wii, right?

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network

I don't see it happening for a long time. And with japans release it will only be the leader for one or two weeks then it will drop back to 3rd behind ps3/xbox.

Rafux said:
Jay520 said:
The people saying the Wii U is already the global leader are wrong. Being the leader means being ahead of the competition. And the competition is any console that competes for consumers and 3rd party games. For the Wii U, its current competitors are the PS3 and 360. With that said, its not currently the global leader.

Generations are just used to describe consoles released around the same time. It's not some universal principle that limits competitors to consoles within the same generation. No, if a console is selling competitively, then its a competitor. As of now, the Wii U isn't leading over its competitors.

This. Finally some sense in this thread.

Ill second that! Nintendo fans love to use the whole next gen arguement to try block out the fact that it is still competing with ps3/360.

Not going to happen this year imo, as others said pretty much its only chance will be this week.

It might do it a few times next year, for the week a big title comes out for it. Maybe if both the ps4 and nextbox get announced this e3, it can actually hold the lead for more than a week at a time.

i honestly dont see the wii u selling above ps3 or 360 for a long time. its doesnt have that casual spark like the wii and if nintendo are trying to compete for the hardcore they'll be obliterated by sony and microsoft.

Around the Network

The fact is that next-gen wise they already have a 1million+ lead on Sony and Microsoft and counting.

BuckStud said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo set themselves up to get mauled on Sony and Microsoft's turf next year.They should've truly stuck with the casuals this holiday season. Now its time to play with the big boys.

Like they did with the Wii, right?

LOL...The Wii added 50 million gamers to the market with the Wii, gamers who dont play the majority of games they just launched with (let alone playing on a game pad). Nintendo thinks the tablet casuals are going to go ape shit for them, think again. Theres a reason Tablets and cell phone games are dominating, they are quick, casual and cheap.

this week (japan) - but after that will die again.
Why did the wii U bomb?

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Probably sometime next year. The Wii U will definitely have its highest week this week maybe 550-600K, but the other home consoles should push up higher than that. If they don't, they're in big trouble.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Play4Fun said:

Another thing about forums, one subject tends to lead to another. You should get used to that one too.

The argument wasn't really about Sony copying Nintendo. If you're going to chide people for arguing on a forum, try to properly see what they're arguing about first.

And stop backseat modding.

Backseat modding, I like it

It was off topic bickering in large quote-trees. It was annoying and unneeded.