By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WiiU be the Global Leader?

When will WiiU be the weekly Global sales leader?

This week - Japan will put it over the top! 58 19.21%

Some time in December. 17 5.63%

In the New Year - Japan w... 37 12.25%

Next Summer - It's supply constrained. 20 6.62%

Christmas 2013 - 3D Mario Needed... 61 20.20%

Never! PS360 is on a 10-year cycle! 105 34.77%

Total:298
Nem said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

next E3 will kill any steam nintendo have if microsony show their new consoles. the hype for those systems will go through the roof.

What if Nintendo reveals a new Zelda in HD (much like the demo we saw)? Dont underestimate nintendo, they are coy and they have made several master moves in the last few years.

Yeah, but Zelda hasn't tend to sell as well recently as the games that were responsible for the Wii getting the market share that it did, and when the 360 and PS3 showed that they had new devices that could provide the same or better experiences than the types of games that got Wii the marketshare it had, Wii's marketshare started to dramatically decline.  Also, Zelda on Wii didn't tend to make 360 and PS3 gamers migrate en masse to Wii.

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
Nem said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

next E3 will kill any steam nintendo have if microsony show their new consoles. the hype for those systems will go through the roof.

What if Nintendo reveals a new Zelda in HD (much like the demo we saw)? Dont underestimate nintendo, they are coy and they have made several master moves in the last few years.

Yeah, but Zelda hasn't tend to sell as well recently as the games that were responsible for the Wii getting the market share that it did, and when the 360 and PS3 showed that they had new devices that could provide the same or better experiences than the types of games that got Wii the marketshare it had, Wii's marketshare started to dramatically decline.  Also, Zelda on Wii didn't tend to make 360 and PS3 gamers migrate en masse to Wii.

You confuse some aspects. Zelda is aimed at the hardcore gamer more than the casual gamer. Twilight princess is also the highest selling Zelda title if you add up both versions.

Skyward sword came out at a bad time with motion controls and an old hardware. Zelda like the graphical demo we saw at E3, you can bet people will drool all over.

Nem said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

thats exactly what i want, so i have a reason to get a wii u. can you imagine a zelda game with amazing realistic graphics in full HD? get it done nintendo! i hope the wii u is capable of that.

Never

Nem said:
EdHieron said:
Nem said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

You confuse some aspects. Zelda is aimed at the hardcore gamer more than the casual gamer. Twilight princess is also the highest selling Zelda title if you add up both versions.

Skyward sword came out at a bad time with motion controls and an old hardware. Zelda like the graphical demo we saw at E3, you can bet people will drool all over.

Yeah, but I'm sure they'll drool all over "Halo 5" or "The Last of Us 2" with graphics 2 to 4 times more powerful and in full 3D HD just as much or even more.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Nem said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

thats exactly what i want, so i have a reason to get a wii u. can you imagine a zelda game with amazing realistic graphics in full HD? get it done nintendo! i hope the wii u is capable of that.

Of course the Wii U is capable. The question is....Is Nintendo capable?

Not this year.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo set themselves up to get mauled on Sony and Microsoft's turf next year.They should've truly stuck with the casuals this holiday season. Now its time to play with the big boys.

What's your reasoning behind this claim? I'd be interested to know.

...And XBox360 barely holds off WiiU this week! I thought WiiU would do it this week but it came up just short, haha. I think now it will be January before WiiU can dethrone the current-gen systems. It will be supply-limited to less than 500k from here on out, and Christmas demand will keep sales high for anything that can be purchased. In the new year the demand for older systems will slow down but there will be lots of core gamers and Nintendo fans looking to pick up a WiiU they couldn't find before Christmas. If Nintendo can make enough of them, they will sell enough to lead in weekly sales at some point in the next few months.

TheLastStarFighter said:
...And XBox360 barely holds off WiiU this week! I thought WiiU would do it this week but it came up just short, haha. I think now it will be January before WiiU can dethrone the current-gen systems. It will be supply-limited to less than 500k from here on out, and Christmas demand will keep sales high for anything that can be purchased. In the new year the demand for older systems will slow down but there will be lots of core gamers and Nintendo fans looking to pick up a WiiU they couldn't find before Christmas. If Nintendo can make enough of them, they will sell enough to lead in weekly sales at some point in the next few months.

this +1

34 years playing games.