By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WiiU be the Global Leader?

When will WiiU be the weekly Global sales leader?

This week - Japan will put it over the top! 58 19.21%

Some time in December. 17 5.63%

In the New Year - Japan w... 37 12.25%

Next Summer - It's supply constrained. 20 6.62%

Christmas 2013 - 3D Mario Needed... 61 20.20%

Never! PS360 is on a 10-year cycle! 105 34.77%

Total:298
Teriol said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
...And XBox360 barely holds off WiiU this week! I thought WiiU would do it this week but it came up just short, haha. I think now it will be January before WiiU can dethrone the current-gen systems. It will be supply-limited to less than 500k from here on out, and Christmas demand will keep sales high for anything that can be purchased. In the new year the demand for older systems will slow down but there will be lots of core gamers and Nintendo fans looking to pick up a WiiU they couldn't find before Christmas. If Nintendo can make enough of them, they will sell enough to lead in weekly sales at some point in the next few months.

this +1

Oh yes... the old supply constrained argument.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-wii-u

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendo/wiiu/

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Teriol said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
...And XBox360 barely holds off WiiU this week! I thought WiiU would do it this week but it came up just short, haha. I think now it will be January before WiiU can dethrone the current-gen systems. It will be supply-limited to less than 500k from here on out, and Christmas demand will keep sales high for anything that can be purchased. In the new year the demand for older systems will slow down but there will be lots of core gamers and Nintendo fans looking to pick up a WiiU they couldn't find before Christmas. If Nintendo can make enough of them, they will sell enough to lead in weekly sales at some point in the next few months.

this +1

Oh yes... the old supply constrained argument.

http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-wii-u

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendo/wiiu/

my friend 1.44 million WiiU say hello to you in two weeks just  two weeks....

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
Teriol said:

What about this comment proves the Wii U is supply constrained which you +1 to?

Teriol said:
Teriol said:

What about this comment proves the Wii U is supply constrained which you +1 to?

thanks for that +1 :) lol

34 years playing games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Play4Fun said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo set themselves up to get mauled on Sony and Microsoft's turf next year.They should've truly stuck with the casuals this holiday season. Now its time to play with the big boys.

Yah, poor little Nintendo. They should know they can't play with big ol' Sony and MS.

*Rolls eyes*

Come on...you can't say the Wii wasn't successful. They need to stick with that crowd because it works. They added about 50 million casuals to the industry. The chances of those people sticking now is slim.

Wow.. 50 million casuals! They're taking over like zombies!

Around the Network
fordy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo set themselves up to get mauled on Sony and Microsoft's turf next year.They should've truly stuck with the casuals this holiday season. Now its time to play with the big boys.

What's your reasoning behind this claim? I'd be interested to know.

Third parties...that is all. Think about it. Nintendo can beat them just like this gen if they just keep being Nintendo. 

Teriol said:

18th of november till 8th of december are 21 days = 3 weeks in my book(calendar)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
fordy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Third parties...that is all. Think about it. Nintendo can beat them just like this gen if they just keep being Nintendo. 

That doesn't make any sense..

Nintendo set themselves up because of third parties?

Nintendo are damned either way. They got tons of criticism for being too casual, so they cater for both this generation.

fordy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
fordy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

That doesn't make any sense..

Nintendo set themselves up because of third parties?

Nintendo are damned either way. They got tons of criticism for being too casual, so they cater for both this generation.

Nintendo got tons of criticism for being casual, yes;however, their new controller is not as easy as a Wii mote. They got the marketshare they did because they made gaming accessible to people who dont want to learn a controller with a moderate level learning curve, and yet now ontop of the standard controller, behold, it has a screen on it. Nintendo thinks this will help with the casuals who buy the Ipad, but it wont. Casuals, especially in America stick to what is simple and hot at the moment and then they move on. Their marketing is also an issue, but the major early adopters were the hardcore.

saying never is a little silly,isn't someone going to have the courage to declare it in a bet i'm sure you'll have some takers,

it could be early next year though PS360 might fall hard while people change up to the WiiU,end of march maybe,depends on supply too

Above & Beyond