By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WiiU be the Global Leader?

When will WiiU be the weekly Global sales leader?

This week - Japan will put it over the top! 58 19.21%

Some time in December. 17 5.63%

In the New Year - Japan w... 37 12.25%

Next Summer - It's supply constrained. 20 6.62%

Christmas 2013 - 3D Mario Needed... 61 20.20%

Never! PS360 is on a 10-year cycle! 105 34.77%

Total:298
phenom08 said:

Talk about pointless and petty bickering. Your entire post was nothing but the usual whiny rant. Ofcourse you're siding with your fellow "friend" STAGE lol, who claimed what he claimed and got called on it, like you with nothing to backup what you claim. Those aren't facts, just mess you claim to make yourself feel better at night lol. "What happened over the last 4 years?" Ninty sold more hardware and software. FACT. Highly doubt Ninty is pissed lol, maybe after seeing their competitors do what ever they could to make their plats more "Wii like" see kinect and move. FACT. Wii Fit sold more than Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, Batman, etc... Basically every franchise on PS3/360 besides CoD. FACT. The multi-million selling blockbuster games simply werent on the Wii", then how did the Wii sell more software without them lol? Mario and Wii franchise stands above all of them besides CoD. FACT.

According to you, by Micro/Sony grabbing some of the Wii games that were exclusive before Kinect/Move, thats proof that their pissed off about selling less hardware and software than Ninty lol. Ninty having those multiplats does not prove at all Ninty is pissed about not having the core, its proof they want all markets. Just like them going after the once exclusive Just dance and Mickey.

Ill answer your question, because the shit 360/PS3 were selling like in their early years isn't that hard to top.

I have a question for you, why is it taking them so long to surpass the Wii globally, you would think with their "incredible longevity" they would have caught the "fad" by now?

You just agreed with me in your big ranty paragraph. You do know that, right? I said Nintendo have that market (Wii Fit/ Sports, Mario) on lockdown, they want the continues good 3rd party support to go with it. They want a PS2-like domination of the market. You did actually read what I was writing... Right?

Microsoft and Sony DID do something about Nintendo's vice-grip on the expanded market. Kinect will make the 360 the top selling console of the generation in America and the UK, for example. Sony had less success with PSEye/ Move, yet the console had growth and continued to sell well.

The longevity of the console isnt debatable. 360 vs Wii is a perfect example here. 360 released a full Year before the Wii, and its outsold the Wii in the last 2 Years. Do you think Nintendo wants that? Or do you think Nintendo dont want to continue making easy profit from a record breaking console?

The Wii died off faster than anyone expected. Faster than Nintendo expected. This is a problem that needs to be faced. How? By taking what the other consoles have had. It works, as shown by Kinect.

You didnt answer my first question, but I will answer your question - Because the Wii built up a lead that was too big to be caught in a Year or 2. Now answer this - If the Wii had meaningful 3rd party support from the get-go, would we still be talking about IF the WiiU could beat the PS3, 360 or 3DS in sales for a Week?

Why is it the Wii dropped off, far quicker than PS3 and 360 have? Because neither of you want to answer it, Ill do it for you. Because it had terrible support. Yep. Dont let the truth hurt you, but the Wii dropped as quick as it did because no good, new games were releasing. Its never, ever happened to the generation leader before and they want to fix that with WiiU. Thats why theyre going after the core market as well as maintaining the hold on the expanded audience.

Around the Network

Either in the Summer which I think is very likely, or next Christmas, which will be harder to lead since it seems 3 (not 2) new consoles will be coming out (PS4, Xbox 720 and steam if that counts)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

think-man said:
Rafux said:
Jay520 said:
The people saying the Wii U is already the global leader are wrong. Being the leader means being ahead of the competition. And the competition is any console that competes for consumers and 3rd party games. For the Wii U, its current competitors are the PS3 and 360. With that said, its not currently the global leader.

Generations are just used to describe consoles released around the same time. It's not some universal principle that limits competitors to consoles within the same generation. No, if a console is selling competitively, then its a competitor. As of now, the Wii U isn't leading over its competitors.

This. Finally some sense in this thread.

Ill second that! Nintendo fans love to use the whole next gen arguement to try block out the fact that it is still competing with ps3/360.

I don't see many people claiming that, probably the same number of people using that excuse as the people claiming it bombed. A happy middle ground is where most people are. 

And having said that, Jay is right (for a change) on this one. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It could happen at any time, really, gaming market never was linear, but this gen it's become even less so. Just look at 3DS, it looked d0m3d, it just took some more games and a drastic price cut and it started dominating (although not reaching DS' stellar peaks, well, not yet at least).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

daveJ said:
this week (japan) - but after that will die again.
Why did the wii U bomb?

Did it?

Doesnt seem to have bombed at all to me. Its just that the HD twins have more games out for them and are cheaper. The Wii U will get better once more appealing games come out and the price drops. Then it will surge, much like the 3DS did.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Nah I see it differently. To me, its allready the global leader...of next gen.

Xbox 720/PS4 sales = 0

Ergo, Wiiu has 100% market share of next gen consoles.

You stole my answer -_-

And in answer to what the OP ment by the question. I dont think the Wii will outsell them in any given week for a long time. Hell it may even die off before the HD twins do :D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

A console isnt a bomb after less than a Month.

Dodece said:
@S.T.A.G.E

You wouldn't be ignorant of a couple of motion control device called the Power Pad, and the Power Glove would you. I am sorry you don't have a argument, and many users have pointed out these Nintendo devices before. How many times do we have to pull out old Nintendo motion control devices before the reality sinks in. Nintendo was doing motion control long before Sony even dreamed about entering the console market. The Wii mote is just the evolution of the Power Glove concept. All they needed to do was but the game pad in the off hand. I don't think that Sony inspired Nintendo to become more ergonomic with their concept.

The Move is absolutely derivative. What matters is the appearance of copying. Even if Sony had a similar design in their labs. They should have scrapped that design, and went with something different. After all Microsoft wanted to copy that experience on their console, but they came up with something identifiably their own. Sony should have been a little more inspired. Oh by the way I still think those controllers look like vibrators.

Vibrators are better than dildos FTW!

next E3 will kill any steam nintendo have if microsony show their new consoles. the hype for those systems will go through the roof.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

next E3 will kill any steam nintendo have if microsony show their new consoles. the hype for those systems will go through the roof.

What if Nintendo reveals a new Zelda in HD (much like the demo we saw)? Dont underestimate nintendo, they are coy and they have made several master moves in the last few years.