By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us release date announced!

Andrespetmonkey said:
Who's that guy on here who is so fervent about PS4 NOT releasing in 2013?

Seeing as every Sony major title is early 2013 (with the exception of Beyond) + the other indicators... I think it's likely that he'll be quite embarrassed this time next year ;)

I wouldnt't be so sure...

Sony is still releasing new PS3 skus at higher prices as opposed to doing a complete price drop. There are still about a dozen high-profile games we saw from them at last E3 that still have no confirmed dates for next year, especially from Konami and Square Enix.

Maybe that 10 year plan was not  a  hoax. PS Plus is gaining steam, Wii U isn't much more powerful, and PS3 is still getting all the multiplatform games. PS4 = March 2014?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
JOKA_ said:
Just in time to get clobbered by GTAV

Crap, I just realised this...  Just have to hope GTA V comes out the month before

Every single year Rockstar has published a game, these are the release dates (NA):

Grand Theft Auto 4 - April 29th
Red Dead Redemption - May 18th
LA Noire - May 17th
Max Payne 3 - May 15th

Rockstar definitely likes the early May window.  Obviously I have no way of definitely saying it will launch early May, but it wouldn't be a bad guess to say that The Last of Us (New IP) is going to be landing right in the hotzone of GTAV (Mega franchise). 

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Could this be like the PS3s final assault before the PS4. Ascension and The Last of Us before in less the two months. I expect Beyond to release sometime in August. And then it PS4 time (hopefully), Sony lost this generation by a mile but they might reclaim the Throne with the next one.

Cool, it shows they are really taking their time polishing this one.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

JOKA_ said:
Munkeh111 said:
JOKA_ said:

Crap, I just realised this...  Just have to hope GTA V comes out the month before

Every single year Rockstar has published a game, these are the release dates (NA):

Grand Theft Auto 4 - April 29th
Red Dead Redemption - May 18th
LA Noire - May 17th
Max Payne 3 - May 15th

Rockstar definitely likes the early May window.  Obviously I have no way of definitely saying it will launch early May, but it wouldn't be a bad guess to say that The Last of Us (New IP) is going to be landing right in the hotzone of GTAV (Mega franchise). 

Very true and best case scenario it gets a month's window since GTA is coming out next fiscal year in the spring, hence April or May as you say. 

I would generally say that the 2 games are different enough, but GTA is just too big, I know I won't be buying it at launch

Around the Network

Wasn't GTA already confirmed for a April release date?

GTA5 will be pushing CoD-like numbers.

Launching within a Week, or even 2, could be suicide.

Got to be launched after. Got to have its own window of release where the media isnt obsessing over GTA.

AndrewWK said:
Could this be like the PS3s final assault before the PS4. Ascension and The Last of Us before in less the two months. I expect Beyond to release sometime in August. And then it PS4 time (hopefully), Sony lost this generation by a mile but they might reclaim the Throne with the next one .

Huh really by a mile? i don't think so and this generation aint over yet. 

JOKA_ said:

Lol I don't think so Uncharted 3 was released between Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 and look at it now i remember people saying that it's going to flop and be destroyed lol! And i think you guys are giving GTAV a little too much credit IMO it's an overrated garbage of a game.  

sub-zero-TM said:
AndrewWK said:
Could this be like the PS3s final assault before the PS4. Ascension and The Last of Us before in less the two months. I expect Beyond to release sometime in August. And then it PS4 time (hopefully), Sony lost this generation by a mile but they might reclaim the Throne with the next one .

Huh really by a mile? i don't think so and this generation aint over yet. 

They lost absurd amounts of money even if they did manage to claw back the hardware sales difference