By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us release date announced!

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
sub-zero-TM said:
AndrewWK said:
Could this be like the PS3s final assault before the PS4. Ascension and The Last of Us before in less the two months. I expect Beyond to release sometime in August. And then it PS4 time (hopefully), Sony lost this generation by a mile but they might reclaim the Throne with the next one .

Huh really by a mile? i don't think so and this generation aint over yet. 

Man Sony was a god in this industry. They had everything. The PS2 was the most successful console ever, they had a huge exclusive support and the biggest fanbase on the planet. Right now they are strugelling to sta on their feet. Nintendo was the champion of this Gen with the Wii and The DS. And Microsoft has increased their fanbase and got major 3rd party support. Sony is the big loser of this generation even tough they managed to catch Microsoft. I mean the Playstation brand was sacred amongst gamers they shouldn´t have to catch anybody.

you know we've heard people say this like a BILLION times already. its so old. no company stays at the top forever. just be happy sony are still around at all and still making great consoles and games, not about where they were 10 years ago.

See the birds at the top left?

Crazy shit!

TLOU Rap :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Be-EL-G6MS0

This fuckin game.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

Aldro those are pre rendered, it's not hard to tell :P ND is good at using those though as is Santa Monica, you are still immersed and not taken out from the game even when they use it since they use the same engine with higher quality assets to make those.

Those gifs are amazing. I'm gonna pre-order the game right now :D

Wow.
Wow.
Wow.
That was probably the best god damn game trailer I have ever seen. The art direction is amazing. The trailer is put together extremely well too! Hot damn, I am pumped.

dahuman said:
Aldro those are pre rendered, it's not hard to tell :P ND is good at using those though as is Santa Monica, you are still immersed and not taken out from the game even when they use it since they use the same engine with higher quality assets to make those.

Sure they are, but when the difference to ingame is like follows, its still hard to not get impressed :P

dahuman said:

Pre-rendered IN GAME. This is why there is little to no difference between cut scenes and actual gameplay.