By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us release date announced!

Munkeh111 said:
sub-zero-TM said:
AndrewWK said:
Could this be like the PS3s final assault before the PS4. Ascension and The Last of Us before in less the two months. I expect Beyond to release sometime in August. And then it PS4 time (hopefully), Sony lost this generation by a mile but they might reclaim the Throne with the next one .

Huh really by a mile? i don't think so and this generation aint over yet. 

They lost absurd amounts of money even if they did manage to claw back the hardware sales difference

Yes that is true but that's because Sony is a big company and they have a lot of other products that aren't doing well.

Around the Network
sub-zero-TM said:
Munkeh111 said:
sub-zero-TM said:
AndrewWK said:
Could this be like the PS3s final assault before the PS4. Ascension and The Last of Us before in less the two months. I expect Beyond to release sometime in August. And then it PS4 time (hopefully), Sony lost this generation by a mile but they might reclaim the Throne with the next one .

They lost absurd amounts of money even if they did manage to claw back the hardware sales difference

Yes that is true but that's because Sony is a big company and they have a lot of other products that aren't doing well.

No, they specifically lost loads of money on the PS3. The huge R&D costs and the massive losses on hardware for the first few years

sub-zero-TM said:
AndrewWK said:

Man Sony was a god in this industry. They had everything. The PS2 was the most successful console ever, they had a huge exclusive support and the biggest fanbase on the planet. Right now they are strugelling to sta on their feet. Nintendo was the champion of this Gen with the Wii and The DS. And Microsoft has increased their fanbase and got major 3rd party support. Sony is the big loser of this generation even tough they managed to catch Microsoft. I mean the Playstation brand was sacred amongst gamers they shouldn´t have to catch anybody.

Carl2291 said:
GTA5 will be pushing CoD-like numbers.

Launching within a Week, or even 2, could be suicide.

Got to be launched after. Got to have its own window of release where the media isnt obsessing over GTA.

People keep saying this about October November window all the time and fact is every game that releases at this manages solid numbers, and doesnt get destroyed by Call of Duty and Assassin´s Creed.

AndrewWK said:
Carl2291 said:

Got to be launched after. Got to have its own window of release where the media isnt obsessing over GTA.

People keep saying this about October November window all the time and fact is every game that releases at this manages solid numbers, and doesnt get destroyed by Call of Duty and Assassin´s Creed.

Its a new IP. It hasnt got the fanbase or public knowlege behind it. People cant just say "Oh yeah, my brother played the first game and enjoyed it".

What new IP has laumched within 2 Weeks of CoD, post-MW2?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
AndrewWK said:
Carl2291 said:

Its a new IP. It hasnt got the fanbase or public knowlege behind it. People cant just say "Oh yeah, my brother played the first game and enjoyed it".

What new IP has laumched within 2 Weeks of CoD, post-MW2?

Fair enough, but The Last of Us, has created a pretty big hype amongst PS3 gamers, and if it gets great reviews it will succeed. That is my opinion at least

People keep saying releasing in May is suicide because of GTA V. When all we know is that GTA V is coming sometime during spring. That could be anytime from march to June.

It's worth remembering that Take Two has just delayed Bioshock Infinite to may.  I doubt they would release GTA V+Bioshock Infinite in the same month.

Has everyone forgotten that Sony also has the Vita to contend with?
This is how I see Sony's Gaming Devision Road Map....

-Release Huge titles exclusives that lead up to E3 2013.
-During E3, First half will speak of the great IPs released in Q1, Then go into what is to come for Vita, then PS4(Orbis) is revealed to the world.
-Sony(who have already discussed this over with MS) will schedule their tentative release for either late Christmas 2013 or Q1 2014. No earlier no later. It really hurts everyone if they rush to next gen when honestly, there is much money still to be had this gen especially after huge losses in all camps. My bet is still for early 2014. If they wait they can better strategize for the following holiday, adjust with demands and so forth.
-2013 Holiday will be dedicated to Vita, Price drop will occur somewhere in Q1-2 2013, then massive amounts of games released later.
-Also, If PS4 does indeed release nxt year, expect many of the big releases to be cross platform with PS3 and 4. I also bet beyond and the Last Guardian both integrate with whatever PS4 will be doing(supposedly the heads up display). Strong chance FFVersXIII will be doing the same.
- Expect Guerilla, ND Uncharted Team, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch to all be releasing AAA exclusives for PS4 within its first 4 months.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

pezus said:
zumnupy10 said:

People keep saying releasing in May is suicide because of GTA V. When all we know is that GTA V is coming sometime during spring. That could be anytime from march to June.

It's worth remembering that Take Two has just delayed Bioshock Infinite to may.  I doubt they would release GTA V+Bioshock Infinite in the same month.

They delayed to March, no?

Yes, you're right. It was my mistake.

I read somewhere that it had beeb delayed until may. 

I still think GTA V will be in april, that is really close to Bioshock though.