By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

I can't read any WebMasterFlex's comments.

Around the Network

ethomaz said:
I can't read any WebMasterFlex's comments.

Me too ...

Amazing sales for PS3, good joob Sony. In France. We had there many pub, today I saw two pubs for Playstation All star and 3 for Little big planet, and  assassin creed Vita

VGKing said:
UncleScrooge said:
Those are some really good PS3 numbers. It's quite amazing to see both the PS3 and 360 doing great after all these years.

Vita sales are bad though. I said 250k for 3DS was terrible in another thread because 250k is terrible for Black Friday. 160k is even more terrible. Even the Gamecube did way (way!) better. With all the bundles this could very well have been the biggest week for the Vita in the US. The 3DS did 160k in Japan last week - and that's without any holiday boost yet! That's how bad Vita numbers are. Granted, 3DS sales aren't a lot better. Not a great Black Friday for handhelds in the US.

No, Vita sales are VERY GOOD.
3DS numbers are the ones that are bad compared to last Black Friday. This is Vita's first holiday and it looks like the marketing is finally working.

At 160k vs the 3DS 250k, the Vita is very competitive.

This is not how it works though... it's not about market share but total sales. So I guess Gamecube, Dreamcast and Xbox had "very good" sales too? This has nothing to do with marketing it is simply the normal boost a console gets around Black Friday. 3DS underperformed because it had no new games. You are acting like Vita sales were supposed to stay at October levels or something. This is exactly the boost one should have predicted for Black Friday week.

I'll say it again: I'm not bitching because I hate Sony. I'm bitching about Nintendo as well. But you can't change the truth. 160k is bad and you can't spin that. 250k is bad as well and you are right the 3DS underperformed. I absolutely agree with that. But the Vita won't get a single additional game because of this. It is selling bad and the 3DS selling bad as well doesn't change that.

The vita isn't under tracked at all, because when Sony announced in summer I believe that the vita was at 2 million lifetime sales. This site had it around 2.5 million at that point, that's a 500k diffference. So how could the system be under tracked on here when it wasn't fixed back then. I love my vita, but the system is over tracked if anything.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I know what's happened...

ioi DELIBERATELY undertracked the PSV & PS3 to teach Sony a lesson about releasing their figures. It all makes sense now! Well played, ioi.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
The vita isn't under tracked at all, because when Sony announced in summer I believe that the vita was at 2 million lifetime sales. This site had it around 2.5 million at that point, that's a 500k diffference. So how could the system be under tracked on here when it wasn't fixed back then. I love my vita, but the system is over tracked if anything.

Shut up! It's heavily UNDERTRACKED! B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Of course, it's about the achievement of this week because it proves Vita can indeed sell with the right pricing. It's promising for the Vita's future, but insignificant to the LTD sales.

Really good sales for the PS Vita, I think at least better than anybody expected.

And It's indeed promising for the Vita's future, I really hope the vita has a future because it is a really awesome console.

UncleScrooge said:
VGKing said:
UncleScrooge said:
Those are some really good PS3 numbers. It's quite amazing to see both the PS3 and 360 doing great after all these years.

Vita sales are bad though. I said 250k for 3DS was terrible in another thread because 250k is terrible for Black Friday. 160k is even more terrible. Even the Gamecube did way (way!) better. With all the bundles this could very well have been the biggest week for the Vita in the US. The 3DS did 160k in Japan last week - and that's without any holiday boost yet! That's how bad Vita numbers are. Granted, 3DS sales aren't a lot better. Not a great Black Friday for handhelds in the US.

No, Vita sales are VERY GOOD.
3DS numbers are the ones that are bad compared to last Black Friday. This is Vita's first holiday and it looks like the marketing is finally working.

At 160k vs the 3DS 250k, the Vita is very competitive.

This is not how it works though... it's not about market share but total sales. So I guess Gamecube, Dreamcast and Xbox had "very good" sales too? This has nothing to do with marketing it is simply the normal boost a console gets around Black Friday. 3DS underperformed because it had no new games. You are acting like Vita sales were supposed to stay at October levels or something. This is exactly the boost one should have predicted for Black Friday week.

I'll say it again: I'm not bitching because I hate Sony. I'm bitching about Nintendo as well. But you can't change the truth. 160k is bad and you can't spin that. 250k is bad as well and you are right the 3DS underperformed. I absolutely agree with that. But the Vita won't get a single additional game because of this. It is selling bad and the 3DS selling bad as well doesn't change that.

Not saying this 160k guarantees more 3rd party support...I did expect the sales to be near October levels this week.(Vgchartz did too apparantly)

The fact that Vita actually got such a big boost is very promising. This means it's not dead. This could also be the turning point for Vita.

@bold
No, compared to the PS2 they had horrible sales, even on Black Friday.
BTW, marketshare = sales.

Like I've been saying all along, it could only take 1 holiday to really push the Vita to a healthy install base. It's a shame we'll have to wait so long to find out though, VgChartz isn't reliable anymore.

I can't put a message in the quote thing I don't know why.

I was just sayin' that vgchartz is wrong again.

sales2099 said:

Its hard to believe the PS3 did that good. Why did they wait so long to report this good news?

Shouldn't be a surprise. people tend to jump to conclusion that if sony is late with the PR it must be bad...yet they are late even if they are doing well. It has happened before with NPD as well.

and also this

"The Assassin's Creed III: Liberation PS Vita bundle was especially popular, with Amazon selling through its entire stock in under five hours"

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!