By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

Kenology said:
VGKing said:
UncleScrooge said:
Those are some really good PS3 numbers. It's quite amazing to see both the PS3 and 360 doing great after all these years.

Vita sales are bad though. I said 250k for 3DS was terrible in another thread because 250k is terrible for Black Friday. 160k is even more terrible. Even the Gamecube did way (way!) better. With all the bundles this could very well have been the biggest week for the Vita in the US. The 3DS did 160k in Japan last week - and that's without any holiday boost yet! That's how bad Vita numbers are. Granted, 3DS sales aren't a lot better. Not a great Black Friday for handhelds in the US.

No, Vita sales are VERY GOOD.
3DS numbers are the ones that are bad compared to last Black Friday. This is Vita's first holiday and it looks like the marketing is finally working.

At 160k vs the 3DS 250k, the Vita is very competitive.

3DS is being cannibized by the DS though.  The Vita doesn't have that problem with the PSP.  It also remains to be seen if Vita is competitive for the month, not just Black Friday.  The 3DS also only had one bundle and no price slashes like the Vita had.  A lot worked in Vita's favor and it's still 90k behind.

But it does have that problem....

Not so much in the US, but certainly in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

You're right, it does have that problem in Japan.  But in my comment I was specifically referring to Black Friday (i.e. US) sales, where the 3DS has that problem but the Vita does not.

Kenology said:
outlawauron said:

You're right, it does have that problem in Japan.  But in my comment I was specifically referring to Black Friday (i.e. US) sales, where the 3DS has that problem but the Vita does not.

thought. I typically just jump to my previous post and due to multiple tabs, lose track at what the exact thread topic is.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-16-playstation-3-hits-70-million-units-shipped-worldwide-mark-six-years-after-launch

1 month later sony still hasnt sold those shipments according to VGC even with their biggest week this year. Apperantly Sony didn't need to ship any units in the month of November. Even though I fully expect them to be shipping about 5.5 million for the quarter. Shipments are probablly closer to 71.75 million now. Do we really expect 2.55 million on store shelves? Naw, probablly closer to 2 million. They probablly sold through their October shipments through November while shipping more for December sales.