By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

VGC is off ..... like really off

GT5 sold out on black friday..
Skyrim sold like cracl
DMC collection sold like crack
2K13 NBA sold out
Infamous and Uncharted are undertracked probably by at least 100k each game..
vita game sales are much higher.. I doubt anyone picked up a regular vita over the barely sold out vita bundle..
Batman arkham city was $10 during the weekend.............for ps3

mM
Around the Network
VGKing said:
carlos3189 said:
My bad (wasn't really paying attention)... But still, that's not something to feel proud of... Really? Ppl, 160,00...

The leading haldheld, the 3DS only did 250k the sdame week. Yes, it is something to be proud of. Those sales are incredibly high for "dead" handheld.

It's also impressve because quite a few of the larger stores had the 3DS for $150 (saw one store had it for $135), bundled with a Mario game.  For Vita, most the bundles were for $30-$50 more expensive and came with AC: Liberation, which is not exactly on Mario's level, saleswise.  So, overall, not bad.  Next year the normal price for a Vita will probably drop to $199, so we may see Black Friday deals for ~$150.  It will be interesting to see who comes out on top that year.

@ OP

Great PS3 numbers!  So, even on the biggest sales week for the holiday in America , the 360's turf, the PS3 looks like it may very well be only ~100K-150K fewer in sales WW.  Last year, the WW gap was closer to 500K.  I think this just re-enforces the fact that the PS3 will be 2nd place shortly, probably before the PS4 and NeXbox launch.  Only, now I'm thinking the 360 won't be able to reclaim 2nd again for a short while during next year's holiday season.  Especially with PS3 bundles for ~$150.

PS3 up YoY O_0 dame

And vita its a start, I wonder what games it will bundle with next year

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

good for vita it was undertracked here. 80k would have been shameful and i always knew ps3 was undertarcked. probably gonna be undertracked for the rest of the holidays aswell.

maybe not wow factor but the vita needed some love

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

PS3 up YoY, has no big exclusives, and more expensive. Somethings gotta be wrong.

So much hate on vgchartz when they actually are correct (90+)% of the time and when they are wrong, most of the time, it's within the margin of error, you guys need to realize this site provide estimates nothing more, nothing less. they do surveys and have limited data collection capabilities fluctuation are pretty much guaranteed and this is when you get wrong numbers like the one this week don't get so hold up on weekly numbers

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Wow. I thought the numbers were impressive already. The PS3 did fantastic this week in NA.

How does this compare to last years numbers? I thought it did about 500k then too.

Also, hopefully this brings increases in software sales with adjustments aswell. It's great to see franchises like Uncharted enter more homes.

Dallinor said:
Wow. I thought the numbers were impressive already. The PS3 did fantastic this week in NA.

How does this compare to last years numbers? I thought it did about 500k then too.

Also, hopefully this brings increases in software sales with adjustments aswell. It's great to see franchises like Uncharted enter more homes.

If I'm not wrong the PS3 did 450k last year in BF week... it's up this year.

so ps3 will end up with 900k+ this week?