By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Black Friday sales break 685,000

sales2099 said:

Its hard to believe the PS3 did that good. Why did they wait so long to report this good news?

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
ethomaz said:
VGC is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong this time... HEAVY UNDERTRACKED!!!

I doubt we have amazon numbers and they had the biggest bundle for the vita so that could be the difference

Why wouldn't we have Amazon numbers? There's no way Amazon accounted for 80k PS Vita sales.

small44 said:
Is amazon really popular in USA ?

Absolutely. I buy almost all of my video games and blurays from them. Good deals. The company is worth roughly 90 Billion, which is a bit under half of what Google is worth.

psrock said:
I would go easy on the vgchartz bashing, its hard to get numbers around this times. At least we know it will be adjusted. Great numbers btw

I agree. This is the toughest time to track. No way for any sales tracker to know 100%. These things are bound to happen.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

carlos3189 said:
My bad (wasn't really paying attention)... But still, that's not something to feel proud of... Really? Ppl, 160,00...

The leading haldheld, the 3DS only did 250k the sdame week. Yes, it is something to be proud of. Those sales are incredibly high for "dead" handheld.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
MANUELF said:
ethomaz said:

I doubt we have amazon numbers and they had the biggest bundle for the vita so that could be the difference

Why wouldn't we have Amazon numbers? There's no way Amazon accounted for 80k PS Vita sales.

according to IGN those amazing numbers were in fact included 

VGKing said:
MANUELF said:
ethomaz said:

Someone did mention on NeoGaf that Amazon sales would be included in that 160K total.

sales2099 said:

Its hard to believe the PS3 did that good. Why did they wait so long to report this good news?

Impressive.

But I hope there won't be any adjustments on VGC because I already prepared the NPD thread T.T

Good numbers but can I ever trust Vgchartz again? I don't know. They undertracked both systems by alot. They said PS3 sold 395000 in america while sony say 525000, a huge difference. While, Sony claim Vita sold double the amount that Vgchartz claim. Not good for the website is it, especially as Xbox was overtracked too (Microsoft said 750000 not 830000!)

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018