By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

Expected over 500k WiiU's, honestly.

Those DS numbers are incredible.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Nintendogamer13 said:
Impressive that the older consoles managed to sell so well thanks to BF deals. DS should overtake PS2 as the best-selling console of all time any day now.

Oh, boy... now you ruined the thread.

So WiiU sold nearly as much as Wii in the first week? (trusting other posters here). That's good, I believe. The Wii was quite limited by shipments though, let's see how the WiiU does in the following weeks.

It's exciting having a new console out, it was about time!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I thought Wii U had 500,000 pre-orders at GameStop alone. What am I missing?

Not bad numbers, but I will never understand the launching of a console on black friday week. I think the PS2 October 26 launch was much more strategical. I am lost as to why you would put your product up against one of the best weeks it has a chance to not outsell the competitions last efforts.

In any case, hopefully they can replenish stock quickly, and help start turning around the slow down. Anything to end the sinking ship articles after the NPD sales every month.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Well last Back Friday:

Wii: 586k
3DS: 495k
DS: 215k

I wonder if Vita has managed to pick some up from the Ninty handhelds due to the offers? 3DS massively down.

So... pretty poor this year actually. Lets see if this is a trend across all companies. It might well be.

Last years number are more with a new system?

Can't sell what they don't have...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Worst Nintendo BF ever???

Except Wii U (fine numbers for launch) the others are so low.

Teriol said:
400k ??? that is not a prime number. awesome so we can speculate one million WW ...

How so? WiiU isn't out WW. 400k is actually extremely low (Considering Gamestop alone bragged about 500k proerders)

Disappointing sales for Wii U !!