By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

Snovalo said:
007BondAgent said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
007BondAgent said:
Those 3ds numbers are borderline pathetic.

I have a feeling that the 3ds will be a disaster in the west.

I don't understand this feeling. It's sold almost 7 million units in N. America alone, nearly 13 million if you include Europe.

3DS lacks the appeal the ds originally had, plus after a hardware revision, massive price drop, constant mario games

It get's outsold by the ds?

Where were you when the DS was at 21 months? I bet you were there bitching up a storm like you are now, completely oblivious to the fact that the 3DS is outselling the DS at the same point in time in their lifecycles(21 months). How is selling better then the DS in the same amount of time, bad? Do you forget that the DS is half the price of the 3DS, has more revisions(larger consumer base), larger library, and more people in US who know it exists(aka more people aware of the brand DS, therefore plan to buy that). Something cheaper, with a larger consumer base and larger library, when that comes around and is still coming out with new blockbuster games(pokemon), of course it will sell like hotcakes.

I think some people are just desperate to look for holes on a highly successful company.  It doesn't matter though as the monies still go to Nintendo so haters can hate all they want. On another note, if Nintendo does drop the price of the 3DS (insane if they do as it's still selling decent) they would have to deal with keeping up demand for 2 hot consoles instead of one.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
Seriously, does anyone really think that a new Nintendo, Playstation or Xbox couldn't sell 1 million in it's first Christmas in America if the supply is there? Seriously? Saying the WiiU doesn't have the demand of the Wii is silly-talk. At least it's silly based on the first 400k sales. They will sell the first million with ease, then you can question whether Wii-like demand is there.

The biggest competitor to the 3DS in America is clearly the DS. It's cheaper and has Pokemon. It's a good sign that 500,000k combined were sold though, I really don't think tablets are having any effect on handhelds. Just the US hasn't transistioned to 3DS from DS like Japan has.

Funny, I just had that same discussion with a co-worker last night.

I think the whole thing is a scam, they act like their trying,  but they really aren't, because the scarcity drives people to buy it who normally wouldn't.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

I don't feel like this is truly a good report.

How many 3DS's were sold last Black Friday? Does anyone know?

I believe the 3DS sold about 500k for Black Friday 2011 (last year)

Snovalo said:
Its like railing sony because ps2 used to outsell ps3. ps2 was around 50 to 100 bucks, of course it sold better then the ps3.

Pretty much this.

I think the sensationalist headlines are pouring in purely because of it launching on Black Friday without realizing they only had a set amount of stock available.

Around the Network
Nintendogamer13 said:
Impressive that the older consoles managed to sell so well thanks to BF deals. DS should overtake PS2 as the best-selling console of all time any day now.

Some of my gaming pet peeves have to be people that confuse publishers with developers, and consoles with handhelds.