By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

400k? Doesn't sound that bad, until one remember that was PSV's FW in Japan, ..... the horror!

Again, when you sum up all your products, it's because they are bad sales. At least they have the decency to break it up for us.

Still, it will be a terrific season for Nintendo.

Around the Network
oni-link said:

DS is on a TRUE 10 year plan!!!

Typical of Nintendo to copy Sony.

benao87 said:
400k? Doesn't sound that bad, until one remember that was PSV's FW in Japan, ..... the horror!

Again, when you sum up all your products, it's because they are bad sales. At least they have the decency to break it up for us.

Still, it will be a terrific season for Nintendo.

Just checked: the same week last year, without new HW launches, just a big SW launch, Zelda, in America Ninty sold almost 1.3M HW units.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Hmm, out of these numbers, the only one that really stands out as "bad" to me is the 3DS. Being Selling only 250k the week of black Friday and getting outsold by your 8 year old predecessor is not a good sign. But Wii fared well considering its age and the fact that it has virtually no new games in the pipeline. Wii U, we just don't know enough about the shipments.

Those 3ds numbers are borderline pathetic.

I have a feeling that the 3ds will be a disaster in the west.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:

I don't understand this feeling. It's sold almost 7 million units in N. America alone, nearly 13 million if you include Europe.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
007BondAgent said:

I don't understand this feeling. It's sold almost 7 million units in N. America alone, nearly 13 million if you include Europe.

3DS lacks the appeal the ds originally had, plus after a hardware revision, massive price drop, constant mario games

It get's outsold by the ds?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
007BondAgent said:

Expectation is high due to its successful predecessor.

kowenicki said:

I've taken part in loads of prediction threads, I even ran one of them for a few years. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=114610&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=87355&page=1

That's some awesome threads you made! Hope you keep it up this year, or next year... 2014 will be a great year for predictions!! 2015 even better :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I feel sorry for all of the kids that are getting a Wii. No new games. How sad. Nintendo is abandoning the Wii about as fast as Microsoft did the Xbox.