By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

runqvist said:
bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:
bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:

Yes, we do suck money from stupid people. That is why we do it.

It's parasitical behaviour actually. I call in Ayn Rand to kick your butt.

Actually it is not. It is just business. You know, supply and demand.

Nah. Totally unrequired middle man taking an opportunity to profit. There is absolutely no benefit to anyone other than the scalper.

Yes, that sounds like business to me. Make profit. If someone is so stupid that he is not getting what he wants for retail price, he will give his money to smart people who can offer them what they want.

i have nothing against that but that logic still fails. there is less supply as demand in the shops which means even if you are not stupid you can't get the product on day one if you are not one of the first (which is most of the time only possible for the extreme gamers who always know which the first day is to preorder or which the best ways are to get that)

and it has nothing to do with supply and demand when you buy it only to resell it more expensive because when people do this, they take away one product from the normal market where guys could get it for the official price. so someone won't get it in the shop where you bought it because of you and the product doesn#t cost more because of the demand, it costs more because you took it away from the market and without that it only would cost 349 for someone.

Around the Network

the 360 most probably sold almost like that.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
I think saying that WiiU numbers are disappointing is a bit of a stretch when we have no idea of supply.

3DS numbers aren't great though.

Some notable posters might want to keep their powder dry too. I expect a much worse Black Fridays for all of the 3... when will people here realise that we are in some tricky financial times. Those 10 week predictions are a joke.

well, most everyone's predictions were thrown off by vgc data. most people expected 1million week for 360 too.

maybe next year you can show us how it's done. oh wait, youve been invited every year havent you? i forgot that you're someone who prefers to make comments based on information that is already known.

Bullshit.  I've taken part in loads of prediction threads, I even ran one of them for a few years. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=114610&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=87355&page=1

I have a business to run and a family to look after, I dont get the time these days for things like this.  So yeah... try again.

And why the fuck you are trying to make a fan point out of this I have no idea.  I said I expected ALL consoles (including the 360) to be down heavily this year leading up to and including the holidays. 

spare me the drama.

Don't talk shit about my favorite thread.

Put up or stfu.

Not sure what to make of these numbers.

WiiU sold better than Wii on Black Friday in both 2006 and 2007 - but Wii was severely stock challenged. In following years Wii sold more but that's not really a fair comparison as there probably weren't enough WiiUs in existance to outsell Wii in it's prime.

Telling is the 'dead' 6 year old Wii sold 75% of what WiiU sold. Great result for Wii. Not so sure about WiiU.

3DS is in a heap of trouble if it was outsold by it's little brother. No shortage excuse there.

Oh and lol at your 2009 predictions.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

i have nothing against that but that logic still fails. there is less supply as demand in the shops which means even if you are not stupid you can't get the product on day one if you are not one of the first (which is most of the time only possible for the extreme gamers who always know which the first day is to preorder or which the best ways are to get that)

and it has nothing to do with supply and demand when you buy it only to resell it more expensive because when people do this, they take away one product from the normal market where guys could get it for the official price. so someone won't get it in the shop where you bought it because of you and the product doesn#t cost more because of the demand, it costs more because you took it away from the market and without that it only would cost 349 for someone.

When you buy for example 5 consoles, you will shorten the supply. If said items are already supply constrained, the retailers supply meets demand by 5 less items. It is all about supply and demand. If there is no demand, there will be no profits. Which seems to be case with the Wii U.

And yes, if  a person wants an item, he is stupid if he is not preordering it in time. Then he will pay for his stupidity by paying way too much for some item.

hasn't history taught us that week 1 is nothing to go by? I've seen worse and they eventually sell strong in the long run.

I actually think that's a solid first week.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Roma said:
Turkish said:
Roma said:
Turkish said:
400,000 Wiius? Not sure how I feel about that. And more DS sold than 3DS??

let me guess. you feel the Vita will sell more correct?

well seems like Nintendo could not ship more Wii U's

Tell me why you are guessing that? Why do you bring up the Vita? Just because I happen to be a Sony guy in your eyes? Is that it?

nah just remembered how you wanted me to put WiiU against Vita instead of Wii that's all

so I'm guessing you did not think that then...

Huh?

runqvist said:
crissindahouse said:

When you buy for example 5 consoles, you will shorten the supply. If said items are already supply constrained, the retailers supply meets demand by 5 less items. It is all about supply and demand. If there is no demand, there will be no profits. Which seems to be case with the Wii U.

And yes, if  a person wants an item, he is stupid if he is not preordering it in time. Then he will pay for his stupidity by paying way too much for some item.

yes but it's a "fake" shortage because it wouldn't be so short if you and others wouldn't buy it for reselling purpose. like i said, because of you someone would have to pay more for the experience as someone had to without you. no problem with that as long as we won't get to the point where we have 500k consoles and 400k go to people like you and it will be only maybe 5% of all consoles who are on ebay or something after release.

and people are still not stupid if they aren't nerds like you and me in video game forums who know when the first day is to preorder (yes, it was already to late for some to preorder it some days later, how is someone stupid if he isn't a nerd who knows the exact date months before release?)

there are enough "normal" people who just see the ads a week before release and didn't even know about it before, those are now stupid for you? common...

The 3DS numbers are definitely lower than expected, but maybe last year was so much better because Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart gave the system a huge boost? Plus there were a ton of incredible DS and Vita sales this Black Friday. 3DS is doing really well overall, but it's hard to spin those numbers into something positive.