By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

Train wreck said:
More DS's than 3DS, that can't be good

With big games like Pokemon recently releasing, and now its the run up to xmas it doesnt suprise me at all.

Every new generation of kids will want the latest Pokemon game, and just happened to be on DS instead of 3DS this year

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
runqvist said:

When you buy for example 5 consoles, you will shorten the supply. If said items are already supply constrained, the retailers supply meets demand by 5 less items. It is all about supply and demand. If there is no demand, there will be no profits. Which seems to be case with the Wii U.

And yes, if  a person wants an item, he is stupid if he is not preordering it in time. Then he will pay for his stupidity by paying way too much for some item.

yes but it's a "fake" shortage because it wouldn't be so short if you and others wouldn't buy it for reselling purpose. like i said, because of you someone would have to pay more for the experience as someone had to without you. no problem with that as long as we won't get to the point where we have 500k consoles and 400k go to people like you and it will be only maybe 5% of all consoles who are on ebay or something after release.

and people are still not stupid if they aren't nerds like you and me in video game forums who know when the first day is to preorder (yes, it was already to late for some to preorder it some days later, how is someone stupid if he isn't a nerd who knows the exact date months before release?)

there are enough "normal" people who just see the ads a week before release and didn't even know about it before, those are now stupid for you? common...

Once again, that is just business. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd say it is pretty stupid to pay way over retail price but... I guess in your books, that is normal. Just for your information, I consider 98% of population stupid.

for those doubting the strength of WiiU sales... this number is US only (not out in europe or JP yet) and is one week only.

If it continues at this pace will be around 2 million sold just in US after xmas

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

VicViper said:

Xbox and gamecube launched in the begginning of November, that's why their numbers are higher in NPD. Wii had one day more than Wii U.

I remember like it was yesterday buying this mag:

how can Wii have one more day than WiiU when WiiU was tracked for 7 full days that week ?

Barozi said:
VicViper said:

Xbox and gamecube launched in the begginning of November, that's why their numbers are higher in NPD. Wii had one day more than Wii U.

how can Wii have one more day than WiiU when WiiU was tracked for 7 full days that week ?

On NPD.

If back in 2006 it closed its tracking on the 26th like today - Wii had one more day of tracking, since it was released on November 18th and Wii U on November 19th.

Around the Network

I've been to 10 of my local stores and absolutly everything WiiU related is sold out! (uk)

VicViper said:
Barozi said:
VicViper said:

On NPD.

If back in 2006 it closed its tracking on the 26th like today - Wii had one more day of tracking, since it was released on November 18th and Wii U on November 19th.

oh right I was only looking at that one sentence. Sry.

So hard for me to believe the Wii and DS so so much. Even harder for me to believe that the DS outsold the 3DS. I guess ppl who buy stuffs on Black Friday rly are cheap ignorant ppl :S

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

runqvist said:
crissindahouse said:
runqvist said:

When you buy for example 5 consoles, you will shorten the supply. If said items are already supply constrained, the retailers supply meets demand by 5 less items. It is all about supply and demand. If there is no demand, there will be no profits. Which seems to be case with the Wii U.

And yes, if  a person wants an item, he is stupid if he is not preordering it in time. Then he will pay for his stupidity by paying way too much for some item.

yes but it's a "fake" shortage because it wouldn't be so short if you and others wouldn't buy it for reselling purpose. like i said, because of you someone would have to pay more for the experience as someone had to without you. no problem with that as long as we won't get to the point where we have 500k consoles and 400k go to people like you and it will be only maybe 5% of all consoles who are on ebay or something after release.

and people are still not stupid if they aren't nerds like you and me in video game forums who know when the first day is to preorder (yes, it was already to late for some to preorder it some days later, how is someone stupid if he isn't a nerd who knows the exact date months before release?)

there are enough "normal" people who just see the ads a week before release and didn't even know about it before, those are now stupid for you? common...

Once again, that is just business. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd say it is pretty stupid to pay way over retail price but... I guess in your books, that is normal. Just for your information, I consider 98% of population stupid.

Well, logically, you'd be incorrect; thus placing you firmly in that very category. The irony at times is overwhelming. Thank you for this post.

Cleary397 said:

for those doubting the strength of WiiU sales... this number is US only (not out in europe or JP yet) and is one week only.

Dude, considering the WiiU isn't sold in Europe and Japan at all, what is your point?