By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

KungKras said:
VicViper said:

Xbox and gamecube launched in the begginning of November, that's why their numbers are higher in NPD. Wii had one day more than Wii U.

I remember like it was yesterday buying this mag:

Wich one won according to EGM?

6  editors voted Xbox and 5 gamecube. It had a very controversial pic of Xbox destroying a Gamecube - robot wars style lol.

But one year later, I think 2 of them regreted their votes in one of those "1 year later" articles.

Around the Network

"Fils-Aime explained to CNET the Wii U's sales figures during the last week were essentially capped by the company's ability to get units to store shelves."

This isn't a lie, but then again it doesn't mean that they sold what they shipped does it. Kelloggs Corn Flake sales are 'essentially capped by the company's ability to get units to store shelves'

VicViper said:
bazmeistergen said:
AndrewWK said:
It sold 200k less then the Wii. I knew it would not perform as great as the Wii. I think it will perform solid in its first month and after that the sales are going to break in.

Nah, only somewhere in the region of 70k difference. 600k is for America's apparently.

Nope, probably shipments for 2nd week. Makes more sense than Canada doing 130k FW, imo.

ok...

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

runqvist said:
bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:

Yes, we do suck money from stupid people. That is why we do it.

It's parasitical behaviour actually. I call in Ayn Rand to kick your butt.

Actually it is not. It is just business. You know, supply and demand.

Nah. Totally unrequired middle man taking an opportunity to profit. There is absolutely no benefit to anyone other than the scalper.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

I see that Wii U both are sold out online and they have one of the basic units at just one Bestbuy in my area. Deluxe is sold out at the stores.

Around the Network

3DS numbers have no defense, though... pretty bad.

I couldn't find official Nintendo data that could confirm those 495k VG Chartz had for last last, but evenif VGChartz is wrong, it's still going to be way higher than this year.

And that's bad. Push the price cut button, Reggie

Talking about the Wii vs WiiU early sales and giving reasons why one or the other is higher is kinda silly. Both systems were and will be snapped up by Nintendo fanatics in these early days. People think of soccer moms buying the Wii, but with a 75% attach rate for Zelda in its first week in '06 something tells me that's not the case. There are millions of Nintendo fans who will buy up any system they sell as soon as they can. So for Wii and Wii U, these first few months say little about the interest of the general public. It's next year when we can start seeing if the masses are taking to the new box.

bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:
bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:

Yes, we do suck money from stupid people. That is why we do it.

It's parasitical behaviour actually. I call in Ayn Rand to kick your butt.

Actually it is not. It is just business. You know, supply and demand.

Nah. Totally unrequired middle man taking an opportunity to profit. There is absolutely no benefit to anyone other than the scalper.

Yes, that sounds like business to me. Make profit. If someone is so stupid that he is not getting what he wants for retail price, he will give his money to smart people who can offer them what they want.

bazmeistergen said:

ok...

Sorry if I was rude.
Also Reggie said that last year's was Wii's best black friday week ever, with 500k+ in sales. So it makes no sense the launch week (a black friday week) being higher than that

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-reveals-big-black-friday-sales-numbers-wii-3ds-mario-and-zelda/

Turkish said:
Roma said:
Turkish said:
400,000 Wiius? Not sure how I feel about that. And more DS sold than 3DS??

let me guess. you feel the Vita will sell more correct?

well seems like Nintendo could not ship more Wii U's

Tell me why you are guessing that? Why do you bring up the Vita? Just because I happen to be a Sony guy in your eyes? Is that it?

nah just remembered how you wanted me to put WiiU against Vita instead of Wii that's all

so I'm guessing you did not think that then...

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(