By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

Those 3DS sales are just terrible. Seriously. This is Black Friday week, even the GBA did like a million during Black Friday week. I just can't get my head around this number. Was Reggie drunk or something and gave us the wrong numbers? If these figures are true there is no way to spin this, it's just that bad. Way to go Nintendo! You did the right thing by not releasing any big games for the 3DS this holiday. What a genius idea...

Wii U sales are good. We don't know if it was actually sold out or not but we'll see how it holds up over the coming weeks. I don't expect it to sell like crazy, I'm still predicting 10 million in 2013 but I have no idea how demand will hold up in 2012 so I'm not gonna guess this year's numbers.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
runqvist said:
That is even lower than I suspected. I am so glad that I cancelled my preorders, there is no way those consoles would have sold in EU.

That logic is very strange, you are glad you canceled your pre order, hence the sales would be low in EU, because they didn't have Black Friday deals other than for the Wii and DS? WTF are you even talking about lol? o_O;

I guess it is pretty hard thing to grasp. When there is not enough demand as in consoles selling out, there will be no profits for selling consoles online.

VicViper said:
bazmeistergen said:
VicViper said:

Yeah, there's one thing I think should be taken into consideration...

While Wii sold 600k in its FW, I doubt Gamecube did 300k in the same week, like the Wii did just now.

Not the ideal situation, but well, it's better than nothing. Wii U will suffer a lot being compared to the Wii. Simply no console will do the same as wii during the start, it's almost impossible... the thing really took the world by surprise.

476k full week usa... even closer...

Wow, gamecube was a beast, lol?

Anyway does it have a source (like the Wii's 600k), or it's VGchartz numbers?

Sorry Vic - the 476k was Wii's first week (8days?) in the USA. I wrote a lazy sentence ;)

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

runqvist said:
dahuman said:
runqvist said:
That is even lower than I suspected. I am so glad that I cancelled my preorders, there is no way those consoles would have sold in EU.

That logic is very strange, you are glad you canceled your pre order, hence the sales would be low in EU, because they didn't have Black Friday deals other than for the Wii and DS? WTF are you even talking about lol? o_O;

I guess it is pretty hard thing to grasp. When there is not enough demand as in consoles selling out, there will be no profits for selling consoles online.

ah okie you are one of those, got it -_^b

November is not yet over so I think it will be higher when the NPD numbers come out. Its going to be a great holiday for Nintendo. BTW Nintendo is still doomed.

Around the Network
runqvist said:
dahuman said:
runqvist said:

Scalpers suck.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

runqvist said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
runqvist said:

You expected higher sales than shipments?

Do you have the shipment figures? As far as I can see from forum posts, Wii U is not sold out anywhere. Quite disappointing and prices on ebay confirm this.

Wii U is indeed not sold out. Going into a store right now will show that Reggie is wrong when he says that the console instantly sells out.

If a console has that kind of incredible demand you would witness lines like they had for the Wii, not to mention ridiculously high eBay prices.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

runqvist said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
runqvist said:

You expected higher sales than shipments?

Do you have the shipment figures? As far as I can see from forum posts, Wii U is not sold out anywhere. Quite disappointing and prices on ebay confirm this.

Read the OP:

"Fils-Aime explained to CNET the Wii U's sales figures during the last week were essentially capped by the company's ability to get units to store shelves."

bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:
dahuman said:
runqvist said:

Scalpers suck.

Look at the bright side though. Little Timmy can still get his WiiU and the scalpers end up losing money due to paying eBay listing fees and paypal fees.

No sell outs = great news for all!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It sold 200k less then the Wii. I knew it would not perform as great as the Wii. I think it will perform solid in its first month and after that the sales are going to break in.