By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

OMG Nintendo is DOOMED!

/s

Around the Network

That is even lower than I suspected. I am so glad that I cancelled my preorders, there is no way those consoles would have sold in EU.

this is just US number.... yes 3ds sold less than the 400k+ last year... but i wanna see the numbers add with the japanese numbers..... i think it would add up to a million or almost a million with the europe and japan's sales

runqvist said:
That is even lower than I suspected. I am so glad that I cancelled my preorders, there is no way those consoles would have sold in EU.

You expected higher sales than shipments?

kowenicki said:
Well last Back Friday:

Wii: 586k
3DS: 495k
DS: 215k

I wonder if Vita has managed to pick some up from the Ninty handhelds due to the offers? 3DS massively down.

So... pretty poor this year actually. Lets see if this is a trend across all companies. It might well be.

I don't think they had 3DS sales on Black Friday might be the reason. Vita had some really good deals though, so that hopefully would go up and do Sony a little good in the long run.

Around the Network

The Wii U sales are ok imo. Although based on this numbers I have the feeling that Nintendo shipped more units than they should. The worst part are the 3DS sales, I mean they should be higher considering the DS it's a "dead" console. 

Anyway I can't wait to see how the PS3, 360 and Vita did during Black Friday. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

I think thats a pretty good number compared to other launches.

Previous NPD November launches for comparison:

Xbox (2001) 720,000
Gamecube (2001) 660,000
Nintendo DS (2004) 370,000
Xbox 360 (2005) 326,000
PlayStation 3 (2006) 197,000
Wii (2006) 476,000

Shamelessly stolen from NeoGAF.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

runqvist said:

That logic is very strange, you are glad you canceled your pre order, hence the sales would be low in EU, because they didn't have Black Friday deals other than for the Wii and DS? WTF are you even talking about lol? o_O;

coolguy said:
I think thats a pretty good number compared to other launches.

Previous NPD November launches for comparison:

Xbox (2001) 720,000
Gamecube (2001) 660,000
Nintendo DS (2004) 370,000
Xbox 360 (2005) 326,000
PlayStation 3 (2006) 197,000
Wii (2006) 476,000

Shamelessly stolen from NeoGAF.

The plot thickens... wasn't it 600k?

Hmm, probably reggie said that including shipments for the second week. Makes sense, and puts Wii U number on a better place.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
runqvist said:

You expected higher sales than shipments?

Do you have the shipment figures? As far as I can see from forum posts, Wii U is not sold out anywhere. Quite disappointing and prices on ebay confirm this.