By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

WII U roughly the same as the WII so pretty decent, 3DS is low dread to think how badly the Vita has done.....

Around the Network

Yeah, there's one thing I think should be taken into consideration...

While Wii sold 600k in its FW, I doubt Gamecube did 300k in the same week, like the Wii did just now.

Not the ideal situation, but well, it's better than nothing. Wii U will suffer a lot being compared to the Wii. Simply no console will do the same as wii during the start, it's almost impossible... the thing really took the world by surprise.

Anyone else think the Wii U total sales would be higher without so many units reserved for bundles? For example, toysrus.com only has Scribblenauts/Batman bundles. Clearly there are plenty of Wii Us out there but perhaps not necessarily in the configurations that people want.

VicViper said:

While Wii sold 600k in its FW, I doubt Gamecube did 300k in the same week, like the Wii did just now.

Not the ideal situation, but well, it's better than nothing. Wii U will suffer a lot being compared to the Wii. Simply no console will do the same as wii during the start, it's almost impossible... the thing really took the world by surprise.

476k full week usa... even closer...

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

RafaelOrix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RafaelOrix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Michael Pachter was correct on Bonus Round then. He also predicted it wont penetrate the casuals if it doesn't go online.

What he said?

Edited. Read it again.

Thanks.

NP. Pachter predicted that there will be a issue and there has been media confusion with the casuals and the media. He also said that the hardcore faithful Nintendo fans are the ones selling it out right now. Good games or not they will sell it out. Come January things might change, but they dont know whether it will be for better or for worse.

Bonus Round Episode (Very good show, check it out):

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/csozbo/bonus-round-game-industry-2012--nintendo-s-performance

Around the Network
bazmeistergen said:
VicViper said:

Wow, gamecube was a beast, lol?

Anyway does it have a source (like the Wii's 600k), or it's VGchartz numbers?

VicViper said:

That's the problem. Wii set such a high standard that it was pretty much impossible for the wii u to replicate.

Instead of looking back I am more interested in looking forward to how the nextbox and nextPS compare to the wii u first couple of months.

Nintendo might consider a big marketing push to explain the value of the 3DS.

1. I still have people who think the 3DS is just a DS with 3D, they need to explain who it is more powerful and has exclusive content.
2. However, Nintendo should also really push that the 3DS can play all DS games as well. That's a huge plus if these thousands of people are just now buying a DS.

Think about it, for $200 if you had no DS you could have a system with a massive library of games and one that will be relevant with new releases for years to come. I think sold like this could make a lot of sense to most consumers.

Don't forget it was released in Canada too, and those numbers probably only account for USA sales.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

VicViper said:
bazmeistergen said:
VicViper said:

Wow, gamecube was a beast, lol?

Anyway does this number have a source (like the Wii's 600k), or it's VGchartz numbers? I don't know if it's true.