By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

God bless you, Japan!

God bless you.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Well last Back Friday:

Wii: 586k
3DS: 495k
DS: 215k

I wonder if Vita has managed to pick some up from the Ninty handhelds due to the offers? 3DS massively down.

So... pretty poor this year actually. Lets see if this is a trend across all companies. It might well be.

thanks for posting the YoY comparison.

wiiU is about what i expected.  maybe a bit lower but for the most part these are shippment numbers and decent ones at that. 

3DS is ... well pretty bad for black friday.  with that low of performance and with all the vita bundles i wouldn't be surprised to see them on par for the week in america.  makes me worried about what ps30 will sell though as those bundles were not all that great and from what i saw not selling all that much.

Michael Pachter was correct on Bonus Round then. He also predicted it wont penetrate the casuals if it doesnt get the commercialization it deserves by January.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Michael Pachter was correct on Bonus Round then. He also predicted it wont penetrate the casuals if it doesn't go online.

What he said?

forest-spirit said:
*puts spinning glasses on*

Wii U did 400k last week but "last week" doesn't include the 18th!!!!11 In reality the Wii U has sold 3 million+ since it's release! *cries*

*smashes glasses and stabs a power socket with a fork*

I highly doubt Nintendo had 3M units for launch.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
I think saying that WiiU numbers are disappointing is a bit of a stretch when we have no idea of supply.

3DS numbers aren't great though.

Some notable posters might want to keep their powder dry too. I expect a much worse Black Fridays for all of the 3... when will people here realise that we are in some tricky financial times. Those 10 week predictions are a joke.

well, most everyone's predictions were thrown off by vgc data. most people expected 1million week for 360 too.

maybe next year you can show us how it's done. oh wait, youve been invited every year havent you? i forgot that you're someone who prefers to make comments based on information that is already known.

RafaelOrix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Michael Pachter was correct on Bonus Round then. He also predicted it wont penetrate the casuals if it doesn't go online.

What he said?

Edited. Read it again.

These are just US sales.Wow that means the DS and the Wii did really great there,butthe WiiU sales aren't that good. :(

Even the 3DS had a good week in the US.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RafaelOrix said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What he said?

Edited. Read it again.

Thanks.

Nsanity said:

So. 400K Wii U, 300K Wii, 275K DS and 250K 3DS are Black Friday numbers?

I believe so; it mentions in the quotes that the reason DS outsold 3DS were because of the BF bundles (deals).