By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: 1.2 million hardware units sold, 400,000 Wii U

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
runqvist said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
runqvist said:
That is even lower than I suspected. I am so glad that I cancelled my preorders, there is no way those consoles would have sold in EU.

You expected higher sales than shipments?

Do you have the shipment figures? As far as I can see from forum posts, Wii U is not sold out anywhere. Quite disappointing and prices on ebay confirm this.

Read the OP:

"Fils-Aime explained to CNET the Wii U's sales figures during the last week were essentially capped by the company's ability to get units to store shelves."

Essentially = not really. Also when we know that reggie is a lying douche, that is most likely just another lie.

Around the Network
coolguy said:
I think thats a pretty good number compared to other launches.

Previous NPD November launches for comparison:

Xbox (2001) 720,000
Gamecube (2001) 660,000
Nintendo DS (2004) 370,000
Xbox 360 (2005) 326,000
PlayStation 3 (2006) 197,000
Wii (2006) 476,000

Shamelessly stolen from NeoGAF.

All there launches were November???

pezus said:
coolguy said:
I think thats a pretty good number compared to other launches.

Previous NPD November launches for comparison:

Xbox (2001) 720,000
Gamecube (2001) 660,000
Nintendo DS (2004) 370,000
Xbox 360 (2005) 326,000
PlayStation 3 (2006) 197,000
Wii (2006) 476,000

Shamelessly stolen from NeoGAF.

How the hell did Xbox manage 720k?? wtf

Also the Gamecube with 660k 0.o

I guess consoles are on decline...

Nintendo and PC gamer

bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:
dahuman said:
runqvist said:
That is even lower than I suspected. I am so glad that I cancelled my preorders, there is no way those consoles would have sold in EU.

That logic is very strange, you are glad you canceled your pre order, hence the sales would be low in EU, because they didn't have Black Friday deals other than for the Wii and DS? WTF are you even talking about lol? o_O;

I guess it is pretty hard thing to grasp. When there is not enough demand as in consoles selling out, there will be no profits for selling consoles online.

Scalpers suck.

Yes, we do suck money from stupid people. That is why we do it.

runqvist said:
bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:
dahuman said:
runqvist said:

That logic is very strange, you are glad you canceled your pre order, hence the sales would be low in EU, because they didn't have Black Friday deals other than for the Wii and DS? WTF are you even talking about lol? o_O;

I guess it is pretty hard thing to grasp. When there is not enough demand as in consoles selling out, there will be no profits for selling consoles online.

Scalpers suck.

It's parasitical behaviour actually. I call in Ayn Rand to kick your butt.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
It sold 200k less then the Wii. I knew it would not perform as great as the Wii. I think it will perform solid in its first month and after that the sales are going to break in.

Nah, only somewhere in the region of 70k difference. 600k is for America's apparently.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Xbox and gamecube launched in the begginning of November, that's why their numbers are higher in NPD. Wii had one day more than Wii U.

I remember like it was yesterday buying this mag:

VicViper said:

Xbox and gamecube launched in the begginning of November, that's why their numbers are higher in NPD. Wii had one day more than Wii U.

I remember like it was yesterday buying this mag:

Wich one won according to EGM?

I LOVE ICELAND!

bazmeistergen said:
AndrewWK said:
It sold 200k less then the Wii. I knew it would not perform as great as the Wii. I think it will perform solid in its first month and after that the sales are going to break in.

Nah, only somewhere in the region of 70k difference. 600k is for America's apparently.

Nope, probably shipments for 2nd week. Makes more sense than Canada doing 130k FW, imo.

bazmeistergen said:
runqvist said:

It's parasitical behaviour actually. I call in Ayn Rand to kick your butt.

Actually it is not. It is just business. You know, supply and demand.