By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: OG 3DS getting price drop to $139 in 2 weeks; Blue 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart 7 for $199 coming (UPDATE: May just be discount?)

Train wreck said:
happydolphin said:
Train wreck said:

which retail stoes are vita and 3DS side by side? we can have a picture contest if you want unless you are spewing bullshit.

Vita is just above 3DS display at the gamestop by my place.

The vita and 3DS are on opposite ends of the store near my house.  The 3DS is front and center in glass cases while the vita its game and accessories are in the back left near the demo unit and next to ps3 stuff.

In Australia all video game stuff is in the same corner. HIghlighted new release games sometimes sit in the shop isles to get attention.

Around the Network

If that bundle with mario kart is true, Nintendo has gotten a new 3DS adopter.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

SaviorX said:
So everything is selling...

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AGAIN?

Everything is down this year. Way down. That's the problem.

if this is true

RIP vita

theRepublic said:
The original source removed the claim that this is an official price drop. They say it may just be from a single retailer.

Killjoy. I had this nice rant ready about how this would just be a band-aid, and that the lack of games in the West was a much bigger issue. Thanks.

SaviorX said:
So everything is selling...

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM AGAIN?

250k in the second biggest shopping week, where its predecessor pulled in seven-figures with ease.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:
The original source removed the claim that this is an official price drop. They say it may just be from a single retailer.

Killjoy. I had this nice rant ready about how this would just be a band-aid, and that the lack of games in the West was a much bigger issue. Thanks.

Why didn't you just ignore my post?  Everyone else did.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Well, to be honest, 3DS sales in the west aren't something to brag about.

However, if this is true, it will only help monopolize the Japanese market.

Every time the 3ds gets a price drop I regret the day I bought my 3ds at the launch price, I just wanted to play Oot so badly again.

techhunter80 said:

Every time the 3ds gets a price drop I regret the day I bought my 3ds at the launch price, I just wanted to play Oot so badly again.

You would equally regret if the price still was the same as launch.

3DS has no games in the West for the holiday as far as I know.
Japan has been getting tons of quality games monthly all year; US is still running off fumes of Kid Icarus and the August release of NSMB2.....that is not enough.

A price drop is still unnecessary though because price has nothing to do with 'underwhelming' sales. It needs some damn games. And they should be happy DS is still selling. Milk that bitch for all its worth!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."