By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon Tanking Just a Month After Release

CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:
Carl2291 said:
ZaneWane said:
Carl2291 said:
Dont worry, it will sell well next Year when Microsoft give it away with a Million 360's.

funny how you never complain about sony giving away free games with bundle

Funny how youre an obvious trouble causing alt thats never been banned.

Way to contradict yourself. How about you take a look at your own fanboy posts before you call names bud...

The irony of contradicting one's self while calling out a contradiction. I sense a walking contradiction with this one!

Hold up, slow your ignorance. How did I contradict myself? Please explain to me...

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you never heard of Black Friday.  Also the only store that had is for super cheap was Walmart at $15 not $14.99.  Furthermore the game is doing fine it already sold over 600K units in four weeks.  Which is great for a spin off, something you probably never heard of either.

Lol are you attacking the person who posted this? I hope you realize he didn't write the article...

There's a thing called black friday, don't know if you guys ever heard of it... Doesn't matter if he wrote the article or not, if he didn't agree with it he woudn't have posted it. He's a Sony fanboy and posted this article with the intent to inflame people. Racing games in general aren't very popular, and Forza Horizon is doing really well for being a niche open world racing simulator. Forza Motorsport is a better game in my opinion compared to GT5. Forza has more realistic car damage, car sounds are better, more options in terms of customization, more vivid backgrounds, more active and supportive Xbox live community, more DLCs, and Forza had night racing way back in Forza 1. It's just an all around better game.

I'm not sure as to how you think that it has a much more supportive community considering Forza 4 has sold 2.5m and GT5 has sold over 9m...? As for the night time racing, I could care less about the past games. Forza 4 does not have night time racing and thats the end of that discussion. The amount of DLC and patches GT5 has receieved has made the game above and beyond that of it's other driving game competitors. Theres a reason it's looked at as the Real Driving Simulator. It's just an all around better game. =P

What do sales have to do with a supportive community? I'm speaking in regards to Xbox Live. IMO Live offers a better online experience in terms of DLCs, Co-op, exclusive content, demos, arcade games, etc. Sales don't make a game great.

You do realize Gran Turismo has 8 years on the Forza franchise right? Obviously they have sold more. And i'm not disrespecting the GT series, they paved the way but Forza offered something new and different to the table, and people are jumping ship from the GT camp.

Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you never heard of Black Friday.  Also the only store that had is for super cheap was Walmart at $15 not $14.99.  Furthermore the game is doing fine it already sold over 600K units in four weeks.  Which is great for a spin off, something you probably never heard of either.

Lol are you attacking the person who posted this? I hope you realize he didn't write the article...

There's a thing called black friday, don't know if you guys ever heard of it... Doesn't matter if he wrote the article or not, if he didn't agree with it he woudn't have posted it. He's a Sony fanboy and posted this article with the intent to inflame people. Racing games in general aren't very popular, and Forza Horizon is doing really well for being a niche open world racing simulator. Forza Motorsport is a better game in my opinion compared to GT5. Forza has more realistic car damage, car sounds are better, more options in terms of customization, more vivid backgrounds, more active and supportive Xbox live community, more DLCs, and Forza had night racing way back in Forza 1. It's just an all around better game.

I'm not sure as to how you think that it has a much more supportive community considering Forza 4 has sold 2.5m and GT5 has sold over 9m...? As for the night time racing, I could care less about the past games. Forza 4 does not have night time racing and thats the end of that discussion. The amount of DLC and patches GT5 has receieved has made the game above and beyond that of it's other driving game competitors. Theres a reason it's looked at as the Real Driving Simulator. It's just an all around better game. =P

What do sales have to do with a supportive community? I'm speaking in regards to Xbox Live. IMO Live offers a better online experience in terms of DLCs, Co-op, exclusive content, demos, arcade games, etc. Sales don't make a game great.

You do realize Gran Turismo has 8 years on the Forza franchise right? Obviously they have sold more. And i'm not disrespecting the GT series, they paved the way but Forza offered something new and different to the table, and people are jumping ship from the GT camp.

Lol what the hell does demos arcade games and all that stuff have to do about the gt5 community and forza community? Did this just turn into a xbox live vs PS plus argument?! GT has a larger fanbase than Forza and therefore has a must more active fanbase. If people are jumping ship from the GT5 camp then the sales are clearly not a reflection of this. Forza 4 is the lowest selling Forza game since Foraz 1. Forza Horizon isn't going to do over 2m and the only reason I even thing it will hit a mill is because of the mass bundling that MS will do. This gen is the fps gen not the racing sim gen.  

Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

I just want to say that I'm not one to bring up sales but Gran Turismo has been selling about 10 mill each installment since its introduction

So I'm not sure if that 8 years thing is significant

CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:
Carl2291 said:

Funny how youre an obvious trouble causing alt thats never been banned.

Way to contradict yourself. How about you take a look at your own fanboy posts before you call names bud...

The irony of contradicting one's self while calling out a contradiction. I sense a walking contradiction with this one!

Hold up, slow your ignorance. How did I contradict myself? Please explain to me...

Are you capable of asking questions without flaming? Try it, it's not very hard ;)

Now, to the question, look closely at what you said to Carl. If you're saying he's hypocritical for insulting someone, how are you any better? Then, answer his question.

Do you know what contradict means? It means to assert the opposite of a statement or action previously made by someone. And when did I ever say I never insult people? I don't ask questions with the intent to flame, if it comes off that way I apologize. I simply speak the truth if people don't like it tough. I'm probably the nicest person you'll ever meet. I just don't like bullies and seeing people get beat up on here that's all.  When people speak in a very condescending, and demeaning manner to others and call out others for doing to same thing, that is called a contradiction.

Around the Network

Im curious by the way. What am I a fanboy of exactly?

This is a clearly a flame thread should've died after the first post. I suggest we do the reasonable thing and kill this pos thread now. Thread/

riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

Lol what the hell does demos arcade games and all that stuff have to do about the gt5 community and forza community? Did this just turn into a xbox live vs PS plus argument?! GT has a larger fanbase than Forza and therefore has a must more active fanbase. If people are jumping ship from the GT5 camp then the sales are clearly not a reflection of this. Forza 4 is the lowest selling Forza game since Foraz 1. Forza Horizon isn't going to do over 2m and the only reason I even thing it will hit a mill is because of the mass bundling that MS will do. This gen is the fps gen not the racing sim gen.  

It has a lot to with it, Xbox Live offers more enticing and entertaining content for racing fans. Forza simply offers more, and the user base is more active because Forza games are coming out more frequently than GT games. Microsoft has a bigger and more dedicated team of racing enthusiasts working on Forza to bring more content faster to gamers. Sony drops a GT game once every couple of years. GT may have a larger fanbase but that doesn't mean every single one of them are actively playing and supporting a game that came out over 2 years ago. Xbox 360 is really a shooter platform, that's where the money is but I can guarantee you that Microsoft has put more time, effort and money into racing games than Sony has.

Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

It has a lot to with it, Xbox Live offers more enticing and entertaining content for racing fans. Forza simply offers more, and the user base is more active because Forza games are coming out more frequently than GT games. Microsoft has a bigger and more dedicated team of racing enthusiasts working on Forza to bring more content faster to gamers. Sony drops a GT game once every couple of years. GT may have a larger fanbase but that doesn't mean every single one of them are actively playing and supporting a game that came out over 2 years ago. Xbox 360 is really a shooter platform, that's where the money is but I can guarantee you that Microsoft has put more time, effort and money into racing games than Sony has.

Gran Turismo is the highest selling PS Exclusive of all time and you say that sony doesn't put time, money and effort into the game? And you are saying that a game which has sold 14m total has a larger active fanbase than a game that has over 68m? GT has MORE content that Forza so no Forza does not offer more. Racing sim and yet they are missing simple things that make the game better such as night time and weather effects racing? Really dude?

My mind is full of fuck...

man-bear-pig said:
Carl2291 said:
man-bear-pig said:

Hmm...that's quite a serious accusation. Any proof to back up your claim?

Common sense. All you have to do is look at his post history. Not that it has anything at all to do with you.

So...it's a baseless accusation based on a hunch? That's not fair to ZaneWane; you're ruining his reputation.

Can't believe someone would actually type this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.