By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon Tanking Just a Month After Release

CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:

I said some of the most successful games in the history of the Playstation brand have come from third party companies. Can you not read? The top five best selling games on Playstation are: COD MW3, COD BO, COD MW2, GTA 4, and Gran Turismo 5. Other than Gran Turismo, Uncharted 2 was the only Sony owned IP that cracked the top ten in sales and it ranked #9. God of War 3 ranks #21, Uncharted 3 #14, Killzone 2 #35, inFAMOUS #53, Littlebigplanet #13.

Naughty Dog is a one hit wonder, they make a few hot titles for a few years and then they drop it like cold turkey and conjure up something new. Case in point, Crash Bandicoot, and Jak and Daxter.

You claim that "some of the most successful" titles come from them and then, in the same breath, call them a "One Hit Wonder" kind of company. That makes no sense, because the termonolgy was concocted on the basis of just that; an artists/performer that only had one notable offering. Naughty Dog is not in the category. Also, cracking the top 10 is a huge feat, I agree, but that doesn't mean it dictates the means of success.

And the pointless "can you not read" comment further proves my earlier point, no matter how much you want to paint yourself as "the nice guy"

Nice way to dodge and deflect the question. I thought you said your lineup of Sony IPs would defy my previous statement?

Who do you think you are? I'm new here and I don't know you people very well and you don't know me, so show a little respect and you'll get respect in return. And I know what one hit wonder is, I was using it as a figure of speech. Thought you were intelligent enough to realize that. You know the essence of what I meant.

I didn't "dodge and deflect" your question(s) at all (tackled them head on, in fact, starting with my reply to you about Sony's 1st party IPs - since you claimed all they had going for them was Gran Turismo).

On a side note, since you are new here, give respect and you'll receive it. Flaming won't get you far.

You did and tried to backpedal, lol.

And the pointless "can you not read" comment further proves my earlier point, no matter how much you want to paint yourself as "the nice guy". And this is not flaming? You were trying to demean me, that's not cool dude.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I didn't "dodge and deflect" your question(s) at all (tackled them head on, in fact, starting with my reply to you about Sony's 1st party IPs - since you claimed all they had going for them was Gran Turismo).

On a side note, since you are new here, give respect and you'll receive it. Flaming won't get you far.

You did and tried to backpedal, lol.

And the pointless "can you not read" comment further proves my earlier point, no matter how much you want to paint yourself as "the nice guy". And this is not flaming? You were trying to demean me, that's not cool dude.

No, that isn't flaming (I would advise looking up the site rules). Some of your comments have been uncalled for and/or inflammatory (calling people "ignorant", for example). You should also cut down on the quote trees.

Still, indulge me, what did I backpedal on? You didn't prove to me that Sony only has one successful franchise at this point (or as you put it, "only thing going for them is Gran Turismo"), nor that Naughty Dog is as credential-less as you've made them out. I've taken on each of your claims and since, you have have not provided any crutches for your theories.

That is bogus, when did I call people ignorant? Not sure what you're talking about, I only speak the truth... I offer my opinion that's all, and I enjoy a good debate. Don't need to get all butthurt about it. Just because you've been on here longer doesn't mean you can boss people around on here, learn some manners.

Let me take you on a trip down memory lane... Your first statement, "Uncharted, God of War, Killzone, inFAMOUS, and LittleBigPlanet (among other successful, Sony owned/developed IPs), would beg to differ greatly with your first, very misinformed paragraph". Second statement after I proved you wrong, "Also, cracking the Top 10 is a huge feat, I agree, but that doesn't mean it dictates the means of success". This is backpedaling and borderline contradictory.

CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:

That is bogus, when did I call people ignorant? Not sure what you're talking about, I only speak the truth... I offer my opinion that's all, and I enjoy a good debate. Don't need to get all butthurt about it. Just because you've been on here longer doesn't mean you can boss people around on here, learn some manners.

Let me take you on a trip down memory lane... Your first statement, "Uncharted, God of War, Killzone, inFAMOUS, and LittleBigPlanet (among other successful, Sony owned/developed IPs), would beg to differ greatly with your first, very misinformed paragraph". Second statement after I proved you wrong, "Also, cracking the Top 10 is a huge feat, I agree, but that doesn't mean it dictates the means of success". This is backpedaling and borderline contradictory.

@ bold: "Hold up, slow your ignorance. How did I contradict myself? Please explain to me..."

Your first reply to me. Second, calling people "butthurt" is also considered flaming. Just an fyi. 

Now as for the games, you never proved me wrong at all, because in that regard, you can't. All of those IPs are successful and all prove your theory wrong that Sony has no noteworthy IPs outside of Gran Turismo. No contradictions in anything we've discussed, you just made an outlandish statement and have nothing to back it up.

Nevertheless, I'm content with my point, so this will be my final response. Feel free to continue to post, but take my advice on the flaming, name calling, and quote trees.

I said slow your ignorance in reference to the comment you made, i didn't say you were ignorant. When you call someone a walking contradiction, that is also inflammatory language. You're the one that came to me. Please stop responding to me or you will be reported. 

I never said Sony's IPs weren't successful, I said many third party titles were more successful. And you said you could prove me otherwise and you didn't. That's my point. 

I'm done here with this conversation. If you wanna post again go ahead but it will fall on deaf ears. You're on your own.

Dmick90 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Dmick90 said:

I said some of the most successful games in the history of the Playstation brand have come from third party companies. Can you not read? The top five best selling games on Playstation are: COD MW3, COD BO, COD MW2, GTA 4, and Gran Turismo 5. Other than Gran Turismo, Uncharted 2 was the only Sony owned IP that cracked the top ten in sales and it ranked #9. God of War 3 ranks #21, Uncharted 3 #14, Killzone 2 #35, inFAMOUS #53, Littlebigplanet #13.

Naughty Dog is a one hit wonder, they make a few hot titles for a few years and then they drop it like cold turkey and conjure up something new. Case in point, Crash Bandicoot, and Jak and Daxter.

You claim that "some of the most successful" titles come from them and then, in the same breath, call them a "One Hit Wonder" kind of company. That makes no sense, because the termonolgy was concocted on the basis of just that; an artists/performer that only had one notable offering. Naughty Dog is not in the category. Also, cracking the top 10 is a huge feat, I agree, but that doesn't mean it dictates the means of success.

And the pointless "can you not read" comment further proves my earlier point, no matter how much you want to paint yourself as "the nice guy"

Nice way to dodge and deflect the question. I thought you said your lineup of Sony IPs would defy my previous statement?

Who do you think you are? I'm new here and I don't know you people very well and you don't know me, so show a little respect and you'll get respect in return. And I know what one hit wonder is, I was using it as a figure of speech. Thought you were intelligent enough to realize that. You know the essence of what I meant.

Since you're the one who's new here, your question would much more appropriately be directed to you - who do you think YOU are? Just in your last few msgs, you've made multiple, completely unnecessary, derogatory comments. You'll learn real quick here that if you want to get along with people, you have to be respectful and decent. No one's going to like you if you keep reacting and talking the way you are. It's also a quick way to get yourself moderated.

Also, you used the phrase "one hit wonder" incorrectly. No debate there. One hit wonder means one hit. That's all. Naughty Dog is actually, quite literally, the opposite of a "one hit wonder" company:  every game they've made has been a hit - both critically AND financially. What you seem to be commenting on is that they don't continue their franchises past a few games (3, to be exact), which is a different thing altogether.

Oh, and just for the record, "CGI-Quality" just so happens to be one of the most respected members on this site. Some of the main reasons for that are (1)He has respect for all game systems, and (2)He's respectful with his posts.

I've been visiting VGC for several years now, and CGI is one of the most level-headed members here. Don't think I've ever seen him be disrespecful. You seem to be getting too defensive. Him making a rebuttal to a statement of yours that he disagrees with is not disrespect.

Just be level-headed and keep your cool and you'll fit in well here.