By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon Tanking Just a Month After Release

Carl2291 said:
Im curious by the way. What am I a fanboy of exactly?

Stupid CGI, stealing my retort.

Anyway, boobs!  You're a fanboy of fantastic boobs, okay!!!

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you never heard of Black Friday.  Also the only store that had is for super cheap was Walmart at $15 not $14.99.  Furthermore the game is doing fine it already sold over 600K units in four weeks.  Which is great for a spin off, something you probably never heard of either.

Lol are you attacking the person who posted this? I hope you realize he didn't write the article...

There's a thing called black friday, don't know if you guys ever heard of it... Doesn't matter if he wrote the article or not, if he didn't agree with it he woudn't have posted it. He's a Sony fanboy and posted this article with the intent to inflame people. Racing games in general aren't very popular, and Forza Horizon is doing really well for being a niche open world racing simulator. Forza Motorsport is a better game in my opinion compared to GT5. Forza has more realistic car damage, car sounds are better, more options in terms of customization, more vivid backgrounds, more active and supportive Xbox live community, more DLCs, and Forza had night racing way back in Forza 1. It's just an all around better game.

I'm not sure as to how you think that it has a much more supportive community considering Forza 4 has sold 2.5m and GT5 has sold over 9m...? As for the night time racing, I could care less about the past games. Forza 4 does not have night time racing and thats the end of that discussion. The amount of DLC and patches GT5 has receieved has made the game above and beyond that of it's other driving game competitors. Theres a reason it's looked at as the Real Driving Simulator. It's just an all around better game. =P

What do sales have to do with a supportive community? I'm speaking in regards to Xbox Live. IMO Live offers a better online experience in terms of DLCs, Co-op, exclusive content, demos, arcade games, etc. Sales don't make a game great.

You do realize Gran Turismo has 8 years on the Forza franchise right? Obviously they have sold more. And i'm not disrespecting the GT series, they paved the way but Forza offered something new and different to the table, and people are jumping ship from the GT camp.

Lol what the hell does demos arcade games and all that stuff have to do about the gt5 community and forza community? Did this just turn into a xbox live vs PS plus argument?! GT has a larger fanbase than Forza and therefore has a must more active fanbase. If people are jumping ship from the GT5 camp then the sales are clearly not a reflection of this. Forza 4 is the lowest selling Forza game since Foraz 1. Forza Horizon isn't going to do over 2m and the only reason I even thing it will hit a mill is because of the mass bundling that MS will do. This gen is the fps gen not the racing sim gen.  

It has a lot to with it, Xbox Live offers more enticing and entertaining content for racing fans. Forza simply offers more, and the user base is more active because Forza games are coming out more frequently than GT games. Microsoft has a bigger and more dedicated team of racing enthusiasts working on Forza to bring more content faster to gamers. Sony drops a GT game once every couple of years. GT may have a larger fanbase but that doesn't mean every single one of them are actively playing and supporting a game that came out over 2 years ago. Xbox 360 is really a shooter platform, that's where the money is but I can guarantee you that Microsoft has put more time, effort and money into racing games than Sony has.

Gran Turismo is the highest selling PS Exclusive of all time and you say that sony doesn't put time, money and effort into the game? And you are saying that a game which has sold 14m total has a larger active fanbase than a game that has over 68m? GT has MORE content that Forza so no Forza does not offer more. Racing sim and yet they are missing simple things that make the game better such as night time and weather effects racing? Really dude?

My mind is full of fuck...

Sadly, Gran Turismo is really the only thing the Playstation has going for it anymore. The problem with Sony exclusives is that once Sony gets their hands on a blockbuster franchise they piss it away and that angers fans. Other than Gran Turismo most of their successful games come from third party companies. Remember Crash Bandicoot and how popular that was? Why did Sony let that franchise go? Naughty Dog is really like a one hit wonder kind of company. They let Crash go, Jak and Daxter was really popular they killed that, and now rumors are coming out that they are going to stop making Uncharted games. Why??? These games have developed a cult like following and Sony can't let their strongest IPs high and dry. 

I never said Sony doesn't put time and money into GT games, but this gen Microsoft has definitely outspent Sony in development and marketing costs on Forza games, atleast in North America. You think every single person that bought a Gran Turismo game since 1997 is still playing it up until this day? Come on dude... In my opinion Forza offers more but apparently we agree to disagree. Oh no Forza doesn't have weather or night driving that means the world is coming to an end!! Seriously get a grip dude...

Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

I guess you never heard of Black Friday.  Also the only store that had is for super cheap was Walmart at $15 not $14.99.  Furthermore the game is doing fine it already sold over 600K units in four weeks.  Which is great for a spin off, something you probably never heard of either.

Lol are you attacking the person who posted this? I hope you realize he didn't write the article...

There's a thing called black friday, don't know if you guys ever heard of it... Doesn't matter if he wrote the article or not, if he didn't agree with it he woudn't have posted it. He's a Sony fanboy and posted this article with the intent to inflame people. Racing games in general aren't very popular, and Forza Horizon is doing really well for being a niche open world racing simulator. Forza Motorsport is a better game in my opinion compared to GT5. Forza has more realistic car damage, car sounds are better, more options in terms of customization, more vivid backgrounds, more active and supportive Xbox live community, more DLCs, and Forza had night racing way back in Forza 1. It's just an all around better game.

I'm not sure as to how you think that it has a much more supportive community considering Forza 4 has sold 2.5m and GT5 has sold over 9m...? As for the night time racing, I could care less about the past games. Forza 4 does not have night time racing and thats the end of that discussion. The amount of DLC and patches GT5 has receieved has made the game above and beyond that of it's other driving game competitors. Theres a reason it's looked at as the Real Driving Simulator. It's just an all around better game. =P

What do sales have to do with a supportive community? I'm speaking in regards to Xbox Live. IMO Live offers a better online experience in terms of DLCs, Co-op, exclusive content, demos, arcade games, etc. Sales don't make a game great.

You do realize Gran Turismo has 8 years on the Forza franchise right? Obviously they have sold more. And i'm not disrespecting the GT series, they paved the way but Forza offered something new and different to the table, and people are jumping ship from the GT camp.

Lol what the hell does demos arcade games and all that stuff have to do about the gt5 community and forza community? Did this just turn into a xbox live vs PS plus argument?! GT has a larger fanbase than Forza and therefore has a must more active fanbase. If people are jumping ship from the GT5 camp then the sales are clearly not a reflection of this. Forza 4 is the lowest selling Forza game since Foraz 1. Forza Horizon isn't going to do over 2m and the only reason I even thing it will hit a mill is because of the mass bundling that MS will do. This gen is the fps gen not the racing sim gen.  

It has a lot to with it, Xbox Live offers more enticing and entertaining content for racing fans. Forza simply offers more, and the user base is more active because Forza games are coming out more frequently than GT games. Microsoft has a bigger and more dedicated team of racing enthusiasts working on Forza to bring more content faster to gamers. Sony drops a GT game once every couple of years. GT may have a larger fanbase but that doesn't mean every single one of them are actively playing and supporting a game that came out over 2 years ago. Xbox 360 is really a shooter platform, that's where the money is but I can guarantee you that Microsoft has put more time, effort and money into racing games than Sony has.

Gran Turismo is the highest selling PS Exclusive of all time and you say that sony doesn't put time, money and effort into the game? And you are saying that a game which has sold 14m total has a larger active fanbase than a game that has over 68m? GT has MORE content that Forza so no Forza does not offer more. Racing sim and yet they are missing simple things that make the game better such as night time and weather effects racing? Really dude?

Sadly, Gran Turismo is really the only thing the Playstation has going for it anymore. The problem with Sony exclusives is that once Sony gets their hands on a blockbuster franchise they piss it away and that angers fans. Other than Gran Turismo most of their successful games come from third party companies. Remember Crash Bandicoot and how popular that was? Why did Sony let that franchise go? Naughty Dog is really like a one hit wonder kind of company. They let Crash go, Jak and Daxter was really popular they killed that, and now rumors are coming out that they are going to stop making Uncharted games. Why??? These games have developed a cult like following and Sony can't let their strongest IPs high and dry. 

I never said Sony doesn't put time and money into GT games, but this gen Microsoft has definitely outspent Sony in development and marketing costs on Forza games, atleast in North America. You think every single person that bought a Gran Turismo game since 1997 is still playing it up until this day? Come on dude... In my opinion Forza offers more but apparently we agree to disagree. Oh no Forza doesn't have weather or night driving that means the world is coming to an end!! Seriously get a grip dude...

LOL I was just playing GT1 on the PS1 a couple of hours ago! Also how the fuck is Naughty Dog a one hit wonder? Do you even know what a one hit wonder is? You make one good game and then everything else sucks. Last time I checked all the Crash games were awesome, all the Jak and Daxter games were awesome, and oh yea surprise surprise all the Uncharted games were awesome. Now they are making the Last of Us which looks equally...awesome?! Also you can't call yourself a driving sim if you can't offer some of the most basic things such as weather effects and night time racing. Last time I checked when it rained during a race it impacted the performance of cars and drivers have to change their whole tactics. I don't need to get a grip.

Signalstar said:
GT5 XL Edition- $10

The game came out 2010 though, and it sold very well.

Forza Horizon came out just last month and it hasnt' sold well. We have data to back that up.

Xbox 360 aging + franchise fatigue + Forza 4 being bundled + generally low sales for open world racing games = lackluster sales for Horizon

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

LOL I was just playing GT1 on the PS1 a couple of hours ago! Also how the fuck is Naughty Dog a one hit wonder? Do you even know what a one hit wonder is? You make one good game and then everything else sucks. Last time I checked all the Crash games were awesome, all the Jak and Daxter games were awesome, and oh yea surprise surprise all the Uncharted games were awesome. Now they are making the Last of Us which looks equally...awesome?! Also you can't call yourself a driving sim if you can't offer some of the most basic things such as weather effects and night time racing. Last time I checked when it rained during a race it impacted the performance of cars and drivers have to change their whole tactics. I don't need to get a grip.

Really? Well I sold my PS1 years ago. I don't hang on to ancient games just to try to rehash my childhood, i've moved on and sadly you haven't. The point I was trying to make is many of Sony's most successful games come from Naughty Dog, and they have had big hits. Why would Naughty Dog sell off the rights to Crash Bandicoot or discontinue any other successful IP? That doesn't make sense, you should develop a legacy and history with your games like Mario, Zelda, Sonic the hedgehog or people will forget about them and that will alienate their fanbase. And i'm having plenty fun without weather in Forza and if i'm in the mood for some night racing i'll just pop in the Forza 1 disc and play it. Thanks though :)

VGKing said:
Signalstar said:
GT5 XL Edition- $10

The game came out 2010 though, and it sold very well.

Forza Horizon came out just last month and it hasnt' sold well. We have data to back that up.

Diablo and ton of other games were reduced to $9.99 on the Microsft Store, because of Black Friday

Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

Really? Well I sold my PS1 years ago. I don't hang on to ancient games just to try to rehash my childhood, i've moved on and sadly you haven't. The point I was trying to make is many of Sony's most successful games come from Naughty Dog, and they have had big hits. Why would Naughty Dog sell off the rights to Crash Bandicoot or discontinue any other successful IP? That doesn't make sense, you should develop a legacy and history with your games like Mario, Zelda, Sonic the hedgehog or people will forget about them and that will alienate their fanbase. And i'm having plenty fun without weather in Forza and if i'm in the mood for some night racing i'll just pop in the Forza 1 disc and play it. Thanks though :)

Sony never owned Crash! Also Naughty Dog is a respected developer simply because they take RISKS. Instead of continuing a franchise which they know will sell copies they try to branch out and create different games. That is what I respect in a developer. Also what's wrong with carrying on to old consoles to go back and play games? I think it's sad that you are missing out on some of the most amazing games ever created. 

Darth Tigris said:
Carl2291 said:
Im curious by the way. What am I a fanboy of exactly?

Stupid CGI, stealing my retort.

Anyway, boobs!  You're a fanboy of fantastic boobs, okay!!!

Hell yes! :D

riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

Sony never owned Crash! Also Naughty Dog is a respected developer simply because they take RISKS. Instead of continuing a franchise which they know will sell copies they try to branch out and create different games. That is what I respect in a developer. Also what's wrong with carrying on to old consoles to go back and play games? I think it's sad that you are missing out on some of the most amazing games ever created. 

But Sony owns Naughty Dog! Surely they must have some input into which IP stays and which IP goes. It's great that they take risks and try new things but they can't just forget about the old stuff either because that's where gamers hearts are at. I haven't missed out, believe me that horse has been ridden as far as it could go. PS1 games don't have a lot of replay value to begin with, the graphics were horrendous. It's kind of a one and done thing. I don't have any desire to go back and play those games except maybe Tomb Raider and Resident Evil which I can play on the PC.