By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon Tanking Just a Month After Release

riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

Gran Turismo is the highest selling PS Exclusive of all time and you say that sony doesn't put time, money and effort into the game? And you are saying that a game which has sold 14m total has a larger active fanbase than a game that has over 68m? GT has MORE content that Forza so no Forza does not offer more. Racing sim and yet they are missing simple things that make the game better such as night time and weather effects racing? Really dude?

My mind is full of fuck...

You could argue that including the PS1 and PS2 games are just deflecting the PS3 offerings. In this gen, Forza has offered more content as a franchise. Gt5s meta of 84 shows they cut corners like 800 PS2 model cars with bad interior detailing.

Day/night simulators and weather simulators are fine and dandy but dont mean a thing if the car itself is a PS2 model

They were reworked PS2 car models. What do you expect when the game offers over 1k cars. Not every single one is going to look like a fucking shiny new ferrari. Go out into the real world and tell me how beautiful a Grand Caravon looks -.-. Be a little realistic.

800 out of 1000 cars. thats 4/5 cars. They had no interior at all. With the one year late update, the interiors still looked worse then Forza 3/4 models.

Just saying thats kinda the big part of being a simulator. I had no idea GT fans were into weather simulators and day/night simulators.....I thought this stuff was about cars????

Dont degrade Forza from a quality standpoint. You just cant win. Releasing 3 90+ games to a 84 game doesnt happen by accident.

Have you ever driven in terrible weather conditions? This affects the way you drive meaning you slide more often trying to turn corners and you have to break a little earlier when preparing to turn a corner. It's a whole different race when theres weather involved. 

Yeah, ofcourse it does. It makes ALL the difference in the world too. 

Yay!!!

Around the Network

Correct....but driving in a PS2 car model (again....4 out of 5 times you will)........kinda ruins the sim factor.

Car models > weather lol. I cant believe Im being told weather is more important then car models.

I never said it was more important I'm just saying you can't call yourself a racing simulator if you can't even simulate driving in bad weather conditions and/or during the night. 

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

Gran Turismo is the highest selling PS Exclusive of all time and you say that sony doesn't put time, money and effort into the game? And you are saying that a game which has sold 14m total has a larger active fanbase than a game that has over 68m? GT has MORE content that Forza so no Forza does not offer more. Racing sim and yet they are missing simple things that make the game better such as night time and weather effects racing? Really dude?

You could argue that including the PS1 and PS2 games are just deflecting the PS3 offerings. In this gen, Forza has offered more content as a franchise. Gt5s meta of 84 shows they cut corners like 800 PS2 model cars with bad interior detailing.

Day/night simulators and weather simulators are fine and dandy but dont mean a thing if the car itself is a PS2 model

They were reworked PS2 car models. What do you expect when the game offers over 1k cars. Not every single one is going to look like a fucking shiny new ferrari. Go out into the real world and tell me how beautiful a Grand Caravon looks -.-. Be a little realistic.

800 out of 1000 cars. thats 4/5 cars. They had no interior at all. With the one year late update, the interiors still looked worse then Forza 3/4 models.

Just saying thats kinda the big part of being a simulator. I had no idea GT fans were into weather simulators and day/night simulators.....I thought this stuff was about cars????

Dont degrade Forza from a quality standpoint. You just cant win. Releasing 3 90+ games to a 84 game doesnt happen by accident.

Have you ever driven in terrible weather conditions? This affects the way you drive meaning you slide more often trying to turn corners and you have to break a little earlier when preparing to turn a corner. It's a whole different race when theres weather involved. 

You're 17 you probably don't even have your license yet.

riderz13371 said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Dmick90 said:
riderz13371 said:
Chris Hu said:

And....

Yay!!!

riderz13371 said:

Correct....but driving in a PS2 car model (again....4 out of 5 times you will)........kinda ruins the sim factor.

Car models > weather lol. I cant believe Im being told weather is more important then car models.

I never said it was more important I'm just saying you can't call yourself a racing simulator if you can't even simulate driving in bad weather conditions and/or during the night. 

Check mate. Each franchise has its strengths, Forza puts emphasis on the car models (all of them). In a car simulator, think thats paramount.

You are more then able to brag about lifetime GT sales or one vs one GT vs Forza game sales, but do not talk about Forza being of less quality given what it offers and how it offers it 3x as fast.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

this button can cut trees.. remember this!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:

Check mate. Each franchise has its strengths, Forza puts emphasis on the car models (all of them). In a car simulator, think thats paramount.

You are more then able to brag about lifetime GT sales or one vs one GT vs Forza game sales, but do not talk about Forza being of less quality given what it offers and how it offers it 3x as fast.

Just because I said it's not important doesn't mean that it contributes to the quality of the "simulator" part of the game. Yea sure it's offering Forza games 3x as fast, where has that done to it's popularity? slowly decreasing in sales.

And....

And how would you know what difference driving in terrible weather conditions/ at night makes if you haven't experienced it for yourself. It makes all the difference in the world. It's a completely different experience than driving during an nice sunny day where you can see through your wind shield whereas you can barely see shit when it's pouring rain.

riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:
riderz13371 said:

Just because I said it's not important doesn't mean that it contributes to the quality of the "simulator" part of the game. Yea sure it's offering Forza games 3x as fast, where has that done to it's popularity? slowly decreasing in sales.

Haha.....going back to sales when the quality argument collapses on itself. Every Forza makes a profit on its own before its bundled, and as a franchise will have sold more then GT did this gen by years end. I see quality and superior sales from where im sitting.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Haha.....going back to sales when the quality argument collapses on itself. Every Forza makes a profit on its own before its bundled, and as a franchise will have sold more then GT did this gen by years end. I see quality and superior sales from where im sitting.

You look at it as a franchise from this gen only perspective. I look at it from a franchise from the time it started to the present. Neither one of us can be wrong