No shit, Sherlock.

Carl2291 said:
ZaneWane said:

again shipped not sold

No shit, Sherlock.

you need to chill

ZaneWane said:

you need to chill

You need to read posts and understand what were talking about before butting in with your pointless comments.

I think Halo 4 might prove to have suprisingly long legs if people still play it on the NextBox, much like how people played halo 2 for about a year of the 360's lifetime. Though with COD in the game now, who knows. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

es it was an excellent game and I don't disagree with that, but it was a dissapointment to many fans.  Were you on Bungie's forums when it came out?

No, I didn't read the Bungie forums. Perhaps many people on that website did say they were disappointed. But you must remember the internet represents only a small minority of the real world. They aren't representative of what most Halo fans feel. Look at Call of Duty after CoD4. It seems like more and more internet users are disappointed with the series, yet it continues to sell more and more. The internet simply isn't a good place to gauge real world consumer opinion.

But what if you're right though? What if most people were disappointed with Halo: Reach? Is that a good sign for Halo 4? I don't think so. If most people were disappointed with Reach, then many gamers may have a bad taste in their mouth and may skip out on Halo 4. It's not effecting initial sales, but it might harm long term sales. If what you say is true, then you might cut off the legs of Halo 4 even more. When Halo 4 is 2-3 years old and people are deciding if they want to buy Halo 4, some of them might not buy it to avoid another Halo: Reach.

In either case, if Reach was or wasn't a disappointment, I don't see Halo 4 selling much over 10m. It should sell ~8.5m units in its first 52 weeks (which is the best ever for Halo). But after that, I'm expecting relatively low sales. Especially if the Nextbox launches in 2013 with Halo or Call of Duty as a launch title.

You're definitely correct about the internet and consumers, no argument there.

I disagree with the second part which may be my fault but I never said Reach was a bad game. It just made changes that didn't necessarily help the game. Halo 3 has been viewed as being superior over Reach although reach was good it wasn't what people expected. For example, let's just go ahead and scrap the scores on this for a moment. Why because sequels will usually get lower because they don't have much changes. Anyways Halo 3 was viewed as the best FPS to ever hit a console and it will most likely be argued to this day that it remains that way. Halo Reach came in and changed a few things but overall was kind of flawed. Great ideas but it changed the game for the worst. Still people loved the game just not as much as halo 3. Halo 4 comes in and appears to be the best Halo of all time. No it wont have the same wow factor as combat evolved or the scores of the previous installments but being the best halo is an achievement all on its own. It made changes but they worked with the game which is why you dont really see complaints with Halo 4.

Anyways I'm getting off track. Halo 4 will be something that I think will be hard to predict as far as sells go. Let's say Nexbox has backwards compatibility? Will it maintain legs? Will it get stunned by the announcement of the NexBox? Things are definitely going against it for 10 million but it is achievable. I'd say your prediction of 8,5m is pretty safe though and likely.

As far as Halo 5 being a launch title, not a chance. Halo 5 will likely come in 2014/2015. They will not be able to make a next gen halo in a matter of 1 year.

Carl2291 said:
sales2099 said:

Please explain this GT5 undertracked.

From what I understand, PD says it sold 9 million. Vgchartz says there are like 8.16 million sold.

Its not crazy to say the rest are on store shelves or in PS3 holiday bundles. Please clarify if im wrong.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

9,190,000 as of September according to that... Which is strange, because Im SURE it was recently at 9,010,000... ethomaz will have to clarify that one.

Anyway - at the end of September/ Start of October, VGChartz had GT5 sales at 7,939,964. Approximately 1.2 Million units unaccounted for. I dont think its possible for there to be THAT many on shelves. Id hazard a guess at it being at least 500k undertracked, depending how many bundles there are. Probably could go as high as 750k undertracked, if not more.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41189/Global/ - GT5 Sales

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt gt5 available for download on the psn?  Since vgchartz only tracks retail... Wouldnt that acount for the discrepency?

Halo sells faster but they will both end up in the same place.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
Halo sells faster but they will both end up in the same place.

The bargain bin?