By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 4 vs Gran Turismo 5

GT5 will probably come close to 2011 numbers in 2012. Do Halo releases usually have legs like that?

Around the Network

Halo 4 started good but i dont see it having exceptional legs. Its end of gen, next year new xbox is coming, maybe new halo announcement who knows.
GT5 is crazy here in eu, i visit bunch of retailers and online stores, thing sells all the time, ratings are bigger and bigger each month online(number of people) and what not. ...If it wasnt selling retailers wouldnt stock it 2 years after release.
Both ll end with great numbers but i give gt5 upper hand overall.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Jay520 said:
I vote GT5 to win since I don't see Halo 4 selling too much over 10m.

I'm pretty confident that Halo 4 will sell worse than Reach. Halo Reach's legs were considerably worse than Halo 3's legs. Halo Reach was selling about identical to Halo 3 for about 60 weeks. After that, Reach's sales came to a crawl in comparison to Halo 3. With Reach having relatively weak legs, there's nothing to suggest that Halo 4 will have legs comparable, let alone higher, than Halo 3's legs. Especially with the Nextbox rumored to release next year. That gives Halo 4 only one year to sell to the primary Xbox console. After that first year, I expect Halo 4's legs to drop in comparison to Reach, and especially Halo 3. I'm not saying it's going to have shit legs. But in comparison to Reach, which had three years to sell on the primary Xbox, I'm expecting Halo 4's legs to be a bit lower.

And GT5 is undertracked.

Halo reach was a bad game. Lol. I reccomended my halo friends NOT to buy it. 

First time I've heard a Halo fan say that. If what you say is true, that Reach was a bad game, then how would you explain the high sales for its first year of sale? Surely, it wouldn't take a year before fans realized Reach was poor.

Halo 4 beasting and should outsell GT5. But with release of next gen consoles I do not think it will. Halo 4 might also be very front loaded as games get more front loaded as the gen ends and its a freaking new Halo.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Yeah, the worse of the series. (I'm counting Wars and ODST, people talk bad about them since they set wrong expectations. Like Wars to be on par with PC RTS, or ODST to play as a Spartan. < one can argue about the price)

Around the Network

it could be close with lots of bundling and hal 4 being well recieved,you'd think GT5 bundling will be more though in the long run

Above & Beyond

With the nextgen releasing in 2013/2014 I can't see Halo 4 outselling GT5 lifetime... there are no time for that... and GT5 will do over 11 million for sure.

Jay520 said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Jay520 said:
I vote GT5 to win since I don't see Halo 4 selling too much over 10m.

I'm pretty confident that Halo 4 will sell worse than Reach. Halo Reach's legs were considerably worse than Halo 3's legs. Halo Reach was selling about identical to Halo 3 for about 60 weeks. After that, Reach's sales came to a crawl in comparison to Halo 3. With Reach having relatively weak legs, there's nothing to suggest that Halo 4 will have legs comparable, let alone higher, than Halo 3's legs. Especially with the Nextbox rumored to release next year. That gives Halo 4 only one year to sell to the primary Xbox console. After that first year, I expect Halo 4's legs to drop in comparison to Reach, and especially Halo 3. I'm not saying it's going to have shit legs. But in comparison to Reach, which had three years to sell on the primary Xbox, I'm expecting Halo 4's legs to be a bit lower.

And GT5 is undertracked.

First time I've heard a Halo fan say that. If what you say is true, that Reach was a bad game, then how would you explain the high sales for its first year of sale? Surely, it wouldn't take a year before fans realized Reach was poor.

No most Halo fans will say that, me included.  Halo Reach was not good.  A lot of people liked the story but beyond that it was not that great.  Huge mistakes on Bungie's part.  it wasn't a bad game, just not good for the Halo standards.    It sold because it's Halo.  Kind of like Gran Turismo Prologue selling well. The name helps out regardless if it is amazing or not.

rossoner said:
Halo 4 started good but i dont see it having exceptional legs. Its end of gen, next year new xbox is coming, maybe new halo announcement who knows.
GT5 is crazy here in eu, i visit bunch of retailers and online stores, thing sells all the time, ratings are bigger and bigger each month online(number of people) and what not. ...If it wasnt selling retailers wouldnt stock it 2 years after release.
Both ll end with great numbers but i give gt5 upper hand overall.

Gran Turismo is like that in Europe just like Halo is like that in America.  Halo has pretty decent legs, not as good as gran turismo though but that has a lot to do with shorter life spans too.  But yes both will end with great numbers.  Both are likely to be 10m+ eventually. GT has the upper hand on that part though due to Halo 5 and the NeXbox

Carl2291 said:
*kowenicki

That bits funny.

Anyway - Considering GT5 is undertracked here by a considerable number, and Halo seems to be undertracked too... Id advise waiting until we get adjustments on SW after the Holidays.

Im leaning towards GT5. Already sitting at ~9 Million. Will continue to have great legs into a new generation. Hasnt been replaced with a new mainline game 2 Years after release.

Please explain this GT5 undertracked.

From what I understand, PD says it sold 9 million. Vgchartz says there are like 8.16 million sold.

Its not crazy to say the rest are on store shelves or in PS3 holiday bundles. Please clarify if im wrong.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.