By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Christmas holiday is coming. Will Vita finally reach 5 mil before 2013?

Herolink7 said:
It won't reach 5m, and would still be a failure regardless.

But...but...but...Vita has not had it's second..I mean first Christmas holiday; so we shouldn't deem it a failure just yet!!!

Around the Network

I doubt it will. It will be lucky to be over 4.5 million by the end of the year.

It's hard to say. I'm going to be an optimist and say it will pass 5 million, but will be cynical and say that this is only due to Black Ops: Declassified selling a million units.

Love and tolerate.

Well, in Japan Vita will be fully dead this holiday season (no new big games etc).
As for US and EU... I don't believe system will reach 5M til 2013.

Meret said:
Well, in Japan Vita will be fully dead this holiday season (no new big games etc).
As for US and EU... I don't believe system will reach 5M til 2013.

So does the smartphones, tablets and 3DS ends up picking up ports of many of Vita's excellent software? Which ones?

Around the Network

"Along with great titles, the PS Vita seem to be having a fire sale this holiday slashing the systems price to $199"
It's not a fire sale, it's a Black Friday sale. There's a huge difference.

Can Vita reach 5million sales by the end of the year? It would need to sell 1.8million more......I'd say that's impossible. TBH, it would be lucky to reach 4million.

I've been seeing lots of Vita ads everywhere though. As I'm typing this there's a Vita $199 Black Friday ad on this site! Sony is definitely trying. I don't think we should consider Assassin's Creed or Black Ops Declassified failures yet, the bulk of their sales will be made during the next month. Maybe the $199 price point could become permanent if Sony sees it makes a huge difference.

One thing is for sure though, VITA WILL NOT BE DISCONTINUED. As little as it is selling, it is selling.....I'd say worst case scenario, the Vita becomes a purely digital device within the next few years.

oni-link said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Wait, isn't Vita due in for an adjustment? So, doesn't it have to technically sell more than 1.8 million?

Adjustments or not, I still don't it'll reach 5 million..

What!!! The Vita is currently less than 3.2 mil sold?  Surely this is an attempt at sarcasm right?  I know sales are pathetic...but I didn't know it was Atari Jaguar pathetic!!!

You are showing your true colors. Stop it before someone gets reported.

VGKing said:
oni-link said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Wait, isn't Vita due in for an adjustment? So, doesn't it have to technically sell more than 1.8 million?

Adjustments or not, I still don't it'll reach 5 million..

What!!! The Vita is currently less than 3.2 mil sold?  Surely this is an attempt at sarcasm right?  I know sales are pathetic...but I didn't know it was Atari Jaguar pathetic!!!

You are showing your true colors. Stop it before someone gets reported.

Really and what are your colors VGKing?  Anyways, a system selling less than 3 mil after 9-12 months after release are pathetic in my book(if the 3DS or Wii U sells to that margin in that amount of time it is pathetic).  Not that I say the Vita sold that low!!! I actually don't believe Pokemonbrawlvg and was wondering if he was sarcastic.  Unless you have proof that it did sell that low?  DO U?

VGKing said:
"Along with great titles, the PS Vita seem to be having a fire sale this holiday slashing the systems price to $199"
It's not a fire sale, it's a Black Friday sale. There's a huge difference.

Can Vita reach 5million sales by the end of the year? It would need to sell 1.8million more......I'd say that's impossible. TBH, it would be lucky to reach 4million.

I've been seeing lots of Vita ads everywhere though. As I'm typing this there's a Vita $199 Black Friday ad on this site! Sony is definitely trying. I don't think we should consider Assassin's Creed or Black Ops Declassified failures yet, the bulk of their sales will be made during the next month. Maybe the $199 price point could become permanent if Sony sees it makes a huge difference.

One thing is for sure though, VITA WILL NOT BE DISCONTINUED. As little as it is selling, it is selling.....I'd say worst case scenario, the Vita becomes a purely digital device within the next few years.

With Sony's financial situation I wouldn't be too sure about it.  The Vita is bleeding $$ at the moment and Sony is doing it's best for the system.  It could only do so much until they realize the it would be a futile effort and move on; regardless of what the fans want the system must become profitable in order to be allocated funds!!!

If the sales fall of a cliff after christmas, how likely do you think Saturn LT numbers are?

I LOVE ICELAND!