By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Christmas holiday is coming. Will Vita finally reach 5 mil before 2013?

At first I thought so.

Then my prediction got Declassified.

Around the Network

I sadly think Vita is going to be the big loser this Christmas because there are no big systemsellers coming out. CoD was dud, Assassin's Creed was a dud, Persona 4 Gold is a port and niche . There is nothing, while 3DS will have have the usual evergreen titles in addition to Paper Mario and Animal Crossing in Japan.

DirtyP2002 said:
and what difference would it make?
3rd party developers don't care about if there is a 4.7 million or 5.1 million userbase. The Vita is a failure. Why should a 3rd dev support it in a big way except Sony pays them to?

a 3rd party dev has these options:

- iOS / Android / Windows Phone --> Millions of users. (easy to develop for, very low budget, very high potential for the future)
- 3DS --> 25 million users in 2013 (easy to develop for, low budget, high potential for the future)
- 360 / PS3 / PC --> 150 million users (older hardware, mid - high budget, limited potential for the future)
- Wii U --> 5 million users in 2013 (new tech, very high potential, mid-high budget)
-PS Vita --> 5 million users in 2013 (easy to develop for, mid budget, uncertain future)
- Browser games --> millions of users (easy to develop for, low-mid budget, high potential)

Out of all these options, the Vita is probably the one that gets cut first.

ouch...cold but very hard to argue. Looking at this point only hardcore Vita fans could see anything positive for the Vita.  Still, if the system can reach a 5 mil userbase by Christmas day (a paltry number I know) it could at least delay the inevitable cancellation of the Vita; which is still costing Sony a lot of $$.

melbye said:
I sadly think Vita is going to be the big loser this Christmas because there are no big systemsellers coming out. CoD was dud, Assassin's Creed was a dud, Persona 4 Gold is a port and niche . There is nothing, while 3DS will have have the usual evergreen titles in addition to Paper Mario and Animal Crossing in Japan.

I wasn't aware those titles crashed and burned.  It such a shame seeing that those had potential and should have been played/exposed to a higher number of audience (3mil is not cutting it I guess). Anyways, I do wish 3rd parties would make games like LKS2, Dragon's Crown, Ragnarok Odyssey, Disgaea 3, Mutant blobs, etc multi-platform as those games need better sales from a much wider audience (and it would be nice to have the on my 3DS)

I don't think it will.

No big games to push it and no new games till Apirl/May time, to be honest I'll be surprised if it hits the 4 million mark unless black friday deals push sales but I can't see that happening.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142294

And this has been adjusted down almost every week.

It won't reach 5m, and would still be a failure regardless.

Wait, isn't Vita due in for an adjustment? So, doesn't it have to technically sell more than 1.8 million?

Adjustments or not, I still don't it'll reach 5 million.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

i'll say no. 4.7 m.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Wait, isn't Vita due in for an adjustment? So, doesn't it have to technically sell more than 1.8 million?

Adjustments or not, I still don't it'll reach 5 million..

What!!! The Vita is currently less than 3.2 mil sold?  Surely this is an attempt at sarcasm right?  I know sales are pathetic...but I didn't know it was Atari Jaguar pathetic!!!