By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country Games To Be Removed From Wii Virtual Console

Tagged games:

What do you think about this?

I already have the entire... 13 56.52%

Maybe it is a complete di... 2 8.70%

Maybe it is for preparati... 4 17.39%

Developer/Rights trouble 4 17.39%

Total:23

Weird. I wonder what's going on. I'm still clinging to the unrealistic hope that Nintendo will buy back Rare, or at least its Nintendo-affiliated IPs.

Around the Network

This is a real shame, these games were among the best on the SNES. They should remain on Virtual Console, regardless of whats going on

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

NOOOOO! I want them D:

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Already have my original SNES copies. Suckers!

I think this is being done for 1 of 2 reasons: Either they're going to do some kind of re-release with them on the Wii U's eShop, or perhaps they're going to do some sort of HD remakes, or both perhaps.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Any idea why?

Around the Network

The news that it was being removed in EU is old...the news that it has just been removed from the NA store is new and very disappointing. I was planning on paying for these games but if Nintendo doesn't want my money...

EDIT: just checked and I can confirm that they are gone from the NA store :( I hoped I could buy DKC2 before they poofed

A little worried about this. Hopefully it doesn't mean some kind of issue being drummed up by Rare/Microsoft.

Or it could mean they're doing a HD Remake, in which case my Wii U purchase is justified just on that basis, but why remove the old versions?

HD remakes for these probably. These three games are absolute classics, especially part 2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

NOOOO! I already bought all three, and if I can't move them to the wiiu I will be so PO'ed.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Why do you guys take this as a hint for an HD remake? I don't get it.