By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

I stopped giving a shit what GameSpot has to say about anything since the Zelda SS review. I've even stopped going to their site for reviews and news.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
Lafiel said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
gamespot hates Nintendo and always will....

let's wait for IGN

hahaha, didn't Nintendo fans come up with the "you can't spell ignorance without IGN" thing ?

haha I remember that one, though I'm not sure who came up with it.

Anyways, your own opinion >>>>> reviews. I've enjoyed soooo many "bad" games in the past years. Some of them are even in my top 50 games of all time (Everyone should check out that thread btw, it's not too late!).

exactly, I've really enjoyed Bladestorm for example, although that is a 5/10 game by any standard

and I personally don't think much of review scores.. I generally read through several reviews of games I'm interested in and that usually gives me a pretty good picture of the strengths and weaknesses of a game

ninetailschris said:

anyway gamespot gave Zelda skywardsword 7 or was it a 6?

not

really creditable since it's bias site now with packer

7.5 actually, which back in the day was considered to be a good score (now it's apparently a score that says "I hate you and I want your company to die"), how times have changed

pezus said:
Don't know why people keep mentioning SS, when they gave it 7.5 or "Good". They liked it, but not as much as most others...so what?

Edit: And looking at who reviewed it...yeah, you can stop paying attention to that specific reviewer. But ZombieU wasn't reviewed by him.

Oh, stop making sense.  It doesn't matter if it's a different reviewer because they are reviewing for the same site so they are identical.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
pezus said:
Don't know why people keep mentioning SS, when they gave it 7.5 or "Good". They liked it, but not as much as most others...so what?

Edit: And looking at who reviewed it...yeah, you can stop paying attention to that specific reviewer. But ZombieU wasn't reviewed by him.

Oh, stop making sense.  It doesn't matter if it's a different reviewer because they are reviewing for the same site so they are identical.  

This

Don't read to much into this just yet. May be a glitch on the mobile site. For example, they gave Epic Mickey 2 a 5, but it does not show up on the game's page:

http://m.gamespot.com/epic-mickey-2-the-power-of-two/

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

Around the Network
pezus said:

I think the Skyward Sword review was so strange to many (including myself) because it was so far out of line with the critical consensus. I believe Skyward Sword got an aggregate score of 93 or something like that. Plus IGN gave it a 10 and called it the greatest Zelda game ever. Now, I don't agree with that -- I'd say it's actually toward the low end of Zeldas -- but a 7.5 it is not.

In any event, this low score comes from a source I visit less and less these days, so I'm not too concerned. I've played ZombiU and I can say with confidence that it doesn't deserve a 4.5.

is OP scooby doo?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
pezus said:

I think the Skyward Sword review was so strange to many (including myself) because it was so far out of line with the critical consensus. I believe Skyward Sword got an aggregate score of 93 or something like that. Plus IGN gave it a 10 and called it the greatest Zelda game ever. Now, I don't agree with that -- I'd say it's actually toward the low end of Zeldas -- but a 7.5 it is not.

In any event, this low score comes from a source I visit less and less these days, so I'm not too concerned. I've played ZombiU and I can say with confidence that it doesn't deserve a 4.5.

Are you saying that it's worse than that?  

*gulp*

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It didn't look so great in the advert I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul0YgPistV8

pezus said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
pezus said:

I don't know. It got scores as low as 60 but no one cares about that . Anyway, the whole website should not be disregarded because one reviewer seems to be incompetent (believe me, many of his other reviews have been less than on-point).

That's totally fair. But I do think GameSpot has declined in quality in comparison to its peers. I used to visit IGN and GameSpot equally a few years ago, but now I spend much more time on IGN. Although both pale in comparison to VGChartz :)