By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

Veknoid_Outcast said:

That's totally fair. But I do think GameSpot has declined in quality in comparison to its peers. I used to visit IGN and GameSpot equally a few years ago, but now I spend much more time on IGN. Although both pale in comparison to VGChartz :)

Hear, hear!

Around the Network

How did you find this? The game score it's not on the official website and that link looks kinda weird tbh. Not saying that isn't the real score (hell there is a video and everything) but it is kinda fishy. Is this a leaked review? Don't think the embargo have lift yet.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

How did you find this? The game score it's not on the official website and that link looks kinda weird tbh. Not saying that isn't the real score (hell there is a video and everything) but it is kinda fishy. Is this a leaked review? Don't think the embargo have lift yet.

That's the mobile site

EDGE just gave it 7/10.

Boutros said:
EDGE just gave it 7/10.

That's a relief. I usually trust Edge's reviews and they tend to be harsh on some games.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

So this game so far has a:

- 9.2 (NoM)
- 7.0 (Edge)
- 4.5 (Gamespot)

I think reviews are going to be all over the place.

Chandler said:

That review is like "hurr durr why dis gaem so slow and hard dude? I wanna run n gun all night in dis bitch baby! where my loadouts at and why I needz to manage dat inventory shit?"

Seriously, I was shaking my head the whole way through. This guy apparently expected something like Left 4 Dead.

Edit: He even plainly says that he prefers the run n gun multiplayer to the slow single player campaign. This guy clearly didn't get the memo about this game being a survival game first. Whoooosh.

That is exactly what i thought after watching that video lol.

The funniest part was when he said the zombies walk as fast as he does lol. NOt to mention UBISFOT explained this in one of their developer diary videos that they wanted the zombies to be more human like then slow dull regular zombies.

i never understand why ppl care so much about reviews for a game, if u like the game and want it then buy it. if i would have listened to every review about games i wanted i would have missed so many good to great games, because the idiot ppl giving the reviews just dont like games for certain systems and will bad mouth them to get hits for there sites, or also because it wasnt there style of games they like to play .
i plan on getting this game tomorrow and i believe it will be a good game :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Hm, watched the review and I must say, from what I've seen, some of the things they pointed out there (like combat) do seem true. And he does know it's survival-horror, he states it several time. Still, end score does seem way too harsh, from the tone of review I would be expecting something like 6/10.

Just for comparison, Condemned 1 and 2 got 80 and 85 respectively from Gamespot.

Looking forward to see what IW crew has to say about it.

Soundwave said:

http://m.gamespot.com/zombiu/

Zombi U reviews are supposed to be embargoed until Sunday night, but looks like GameSpot's review may have slipped through their mobile app (apparently you can watch their video review if you have the XBox Live app).

4.5/10

Ugly, ugly score. Combined with the mixed responses to Ninja Gaiden 3, my launch lineup plans might just be getting thrown for a massive loop.

BLOPS2 better be a good port. Could it be possible that third parties have totally dropped the ball here?

Lol, I revisted that link you pasted.

This link was at the bottom of the page

Lack of next-gen hurting creativity, says Ubisoft

http://m.au.gamespot.com/news/lack-of-next-gen-hurting-creativity-says-ubisoft-6388225