By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

Heavenly_King said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Heavenly_King said:
I expected this. the graphics suck, and the gameplay did not look like anything revolutionary. And having to watch the damn controller screen instead of the TV is annoying.

Graphics aren't everything.

Gameplay doesn't have to revolutionary to be awesome (check your avatar).

Watching the controller while you're being hunted by zombies is the point. It's supposed to be annoying, unnerving, and disorienting.

Well, considering the fact that when you play a game you want to have fun, there is your reason for the score.

Surely you've played Silent Hill or Resident Evil 2? Or Doom 3 or BioShock? Or Eternal Darkness or Dead Space? Or one of dozens of horror games designed to disorient, disturb, frustrate, and frighten? I totally understand if you don't like the sub-genre, but it's not fair to say that a game that handicaps its users to create a frightful experience automatically deserves a low score.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
ugh. Dont know if I should cancel my preorder and go preorder Super Mario Bros or not

Well it got a 9.2 and 7.0 elsewhere. I doubt it's a bad game, just didn't jive well with this reviewer. Check the scores he gave other games, if you agree with most of his scores than it could be likely zombiu won't be for you. 

Well i have seen this coming. It only looked average in my eyes.

Heavenly_King said:
I expected this. the graphics suck, and the gameplay did not look like anything revolutionary. And having to watch the damn controller screen instead of the TV is annoying.

You are just way more knowledgable than everyone else.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

SunofKratos said:
Well i have seen this coming. It only looked average in my eyes.

You are just way more knowledgable than everyone else. Nobody can take on the smarts of Kratos. Dual Kratos is just overkill.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

I haven't read gamespot reviews since like the late 90s lol

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Heavenly_King said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Heavenly_King said:

Graphics aren't everything.

Gameplay doesn't have to revolutionary to be awesome (check your avatar).

Watching the controller while you're being hunted by zombies is the point. It's supposed to be annoying, unnerving, and disorienting.

Well, considering the fact that when you play a game you want to have fun, there is your reason for the score.

Surely you've played Silent Hill or Resident Evil 2? Or Doom 3 or BioShock? Or Eternal Darkness or Dead Space? Or one of dozens of horror games designed to disorient, disturb, frustrate, and frighten? I totally understand if you don't like the sub-genre, but it's not fair to say that a game that handicaps its users to create a frightful experience automatically deserves a low score.

Don't forget Amnesia: The Dark Decent. Best survival horror game imo, you don't even kill a single monster in the entire game lol

Nintendo and PC gamer

I wasn't exactly expecting a masterpiece here, but after the positive response the game received at E3 and other shows I was expecting something in the low to mid 7s for the average score of this game.

Unless there are some seriously broken controls or gameplay issues in the final version that nobody was aware of prior to the game going gold, I think GameSpot either might be too harsh on the game or is just trying to stir up shit for traffic.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

He said environments were claustrophobic?! Omg, really? How dare them? Since when we have claustrophobic environments in the survival horror games? That is just unacceptable.... I'm so offended....

Panama said:
Gamespot can be the hipsters of the review industry at times. Remember Skyward Sword.

Bears repeating. Remember Skyward Sword

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.