By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

http://m.gamespot.com/zombiu/

Zombi U reviews are supposed to be embargoed until Sunday night, but looks like GameSpot's review may have slipped through their mobile app (apparently you can watch their video review if you have the XBox Live app).

4.5/10

Ugly, ugly score. Combined with the mixed responses to Ninja Gaiden 3, my launch lineup plans might just be getting thrown for a massive loop.

BLOPS2 better be a good port. Could it be possible that third parties have totally dropped the ball here?

Around the Network

Kinda, expected... It looked like the typical Red Steel styled launch title. Some great idea's but far from thrilling execution.

As for BLOPS2, I don't see why it would be any different from the 360/Ps3 title.

I hope there is some mistake about this. ZumbiU is clearly the launch game that most people is interested in for Wii U.

But I wouldn't be surprised if that is true, specially after the press reception of Assassin's creed 3 .

For a launch title this would be pretty bad.

Argh. Why can't third parties ever get it right for Nintendo?

I'm sure Rayman will be fine, but Wii U already has Mario, that's exactly the type of game it doesn't need. It needed Zombi U to be great.

It's long since past for Nintendo to drop the "we're Walt Disney circa 1966" act and start their own division that makes these types of edgier games for their game platforms, with the difference being that they actually make good games. 

Wow, well that's a lot different from ONM's 92. How can there be such different opinions of the game? Did GameSpot completely muck it up, or is ONM's bias lending all of 50 points to the game?

Around the Network

ONM also gave Red Steel (the first one) a 91 score.

Being a magazine that's close to Nintendo, I really hope they are not fluffing that score because they deem ZombiU too important to the Wii U launch to score honestly.

Guys, guys, don't press the panic button. It's ONE review. Official Nintendo Magazine gave it a 92/100. We just can't go by one score. Why don't we wait for all the reviews to come in.

That sucks! it was the only launch title that really interested me, just have to wait and see how other companies review it.

Soundwave said:

ONM also gave Red Steel (the first one) a 91 score.

Being a magazine that's close to Nintendo, I really hope they are not fluffing that score because they deem ZombiU too important to the Wii U launch to score honestly.

GameSpot has bombed their fair share of reviews as well. Patience is key here. I'm looking forward to reviews from IGN, Game Informer, and Destructoid. I couldn't care less about GameSpot or ONM.

I generally trust IGN, GameSpot, Edge, Game Informer, and 1UP.

ONM is ok, but I have to wonder with them being so closely affiliated with Nintendo if there isn't an agenda at play.

GameSpot's text reviews for NSMB, Nintendo Land, and Ninja Gaiden 3 are up apparently too, but with no number rankings. Seems like NSMB U and Nintendo Land reviewed quite well, while Ninja Gaiden 3 is an improvement from the PS3/360 versions but still flawed.