By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

ONM also gave Red Steel (the first one) a 91 score.

Being a magazine that's close to Nintendo, I really hope they are not fluffing that score because they deem ZombiU too important to the Wii U launch to score honestly.

GameSpot has bombed their fair share of reviews as well. Patience is key here. I'm looking forward to reviews from IGN, Game Informer, and Destructoid. I couldn't care less about GameSpot or ONM.

Skyward Sword comes to mind.

@OP: Hey, maybe GameSpot is switching to a five-star system, and the score is really 4.5/5 ;)

Around the Network

My thing is why does all these titles have reviews coming out the day of the system release. So counterproductive, its making guess work out of titles consumers want to purchase. Nintendo go their reviews out a couple days early and left others to fend for themselves

Why does anyone care about reviews? Play the game for yourself.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Moonhero said:

Well it's not easy to rent games any more, and I'm not paying $60 for a bad or even average game.

My guess is they'll gonna talk a lot about the game on Invisible Walls, so that should be interesting to see, no matter who officially reviewed it for GT.

Around the Network

Gamespot can be the hipsters of the review industry at times. Remember Skyward Sword.

Soundwave said:
Moonhero said:

Well it's not easy to rent games any more, and I'm not paying $60 for a bad or even average game.

but whether a game is bad or average is subjective.

I know I have enjoyed supossedly BAD rated gamers more than some 8-9 rated games.

Nintendo Land got a 8.0 from GameSpot by the way.

zumnupy10 said:
I hope there is some mistake about this. ZumbiU is clearly the launch game that most people is interested in for Wii U.

But I wouldn't be surprised if that is true, specially after the press reception of Assassin's creed 3 .

For a launch title this would be pretty bad.

You sure about that? not for 90% of Wii owners it isn't. Maybe, just maybe, it's the game that most PS360 owners who had their eye on Wii U as a possible buy were keen on. But that's not most people by any stretch.

It's a game Nintendo is hoping will give Wii U some early M-rating cred. It's a pity Nintendo doesn;t go there themselves, seems like Metroid is the closest they get to publishing a M-rated game. But if Nintendo want M-rated game cred on their console then they should not rely totally on 3rd parties.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well, this bodes better for my success in the metascore league.