By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
runqvist said:
And IGN gave the game 6.3, does not look good.

And Eurogamer gave the game a 9/10. This looks like the type of game you either love it or hate it.

Depends on whether you like cricket bats or not.

As an Australian who is currently enjoying the start of the Cricket summer here, I sure do haha. Plenty of bats available.

Also agree with your cricket bat idea in a special edition. They could have paid the cricket stars to sign it and that alone would be enough to buy the game whether good or bad.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
runqvist said:

And Eurogamer gave the game a 9/10. This looks like the type of game you either love it or hate it.

As an Australian who is currently enjoying the start of the Cricket summer here, I sure do haha. Plenty of bats available.

Also agree with your cricket bat idea in a special edition. They could have paid the cricket stars to sign it and that alone would be enough to buy the game whether good or bad.

Definitely. Extra DLC to beat up your most hated cricket players. The bat in the game never breaks in the game so the punishment can be spread out easily. :)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cobretti2 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
osed125 said:
runqvist said:

Definitely. Extra DLC to beat up your most hated cricket players. The bat in the game never breaks in the game so the punishment can be spread out easily. :)

well the old genuine bats were very hard to break indeed haha.  Usually they broke at the handle.

The handle looks like a square edged vampire stake lol. It is glued into the main body of the bad at the top.

I've got to say, after reading a really positive review at Joystiq, I'm back to wanting to play ZombiU again.

(excerpt) "In the end, it's the atmosphere of ZombiU that sticks with you. With your life hanging by a thread at any given moment, it demands keen, breath-held focus. You can feel it when your survivors' voices shake as they split the skull of an undead, in their panicked panting as they sprint from danger. There's no one to help you, no respawns. It's just you, a pack full of supplies (if you're lucky) and the horde. You develop your own rules, a code that will ensure your survival. Don't shoot first. Assess the situation. Know your exit. Live." http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/19/zombiu-review/

You can tell the reviewer really enjoyed the experience. He made it sound very tense and very immersive. While I'm still not thrilled that it's mostly repetitive melee combat, the atmosphere seems to be of a type that is rare in the console games of today.