By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh-Roh ... GameSpot Gives ZombiU A 4.5?

Watched the video review. I don't care about some of the criticisms, like the story not making sense due to you constantly switching characters, that's just a video game thing and shouldn't affect your enjoyment.

On the other hand some of the other complaints sound similar in tone to the criticism AC3 received. Mainly that the core elements of gameplay aren't fun due to being too limited and repetitive. The review did say the multiplayer is miles better, due to being faster and more diverse.
Maybe this is something Ubi can fix with a patch?

Player2 said:
The problem is that he doesn't even know which genre does this game belong (the link in the OP says "fear-fueled first-person shooter" when the truth is that it is a Survival Horror game). Somebody who doesn't know what he's playing shouldn't be a reviewer.

I'd like to hear his opinion of Fallout 3 or System Shock 2.

Watch the video review. He knows it's a survival horror game, he just thinks it would have been better as a shooter because he enjoyed the multiplayer way more than the single player.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
runqvist said:
kowenicki said:
runqvist said:
So this was one of those good exclusives coming to Wii U, right?

Just have the balls to say what you mean or say nothing.

I asked a question, because I vaguely remember some talks about this game.

Really. Yeah, whatever. 

Yeah, whatever. I really need to have the last word.

runqvist said:
kowenicki said:

Really. Yeah, whatever. 

Yeah, whatever. I really need to have the last word.

Word.

will wait for more opinions before I get this.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

gumby_trucker said:

Watch the video review. He knows it's a survival horror game, he just thinks it would have been better as a shooter because he enjoyed the multiplayer way more than the single player.

No thanks, we already have enough pure shooters. Also shooting stuff like a maniac contradicts the whole purpose of survival horror. This game is meant to be all about scavenging and surviving with the scarce ressources that you find. That has been clear for months now.

I can't get over the fact that the reviewer complains about being slow and vulnerable in the singleplayer is a minus in a survival game and that the multiplayer is way better because he can be the akimbo wielding super soldier that he is in real life. This guy must hate Amnesia with a passion. Why would someone like that volunteer to test this game.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
gumby_trucker said:

No thanks, we already have enough pure shooters. Also shooting stuff like a maniac contradicts the whole purpose of survival horror. This game is meant to be all about scavenging and surviving with the scarce ressources that you find. That has been clear for months now.

I can't get over the fact that the reviewer complains about being slow and vulnerable in the singleplayer is a minus in a survival game and that the multiplayer is way better because he can be the akimbo wielding super soldier that he is in real life. This guy must hate Amnesia with a passion. Why would someone like that volunteer to test this game.

Your post >>> that review.

Seriously, I'm more interested in the game now.

Just watched his review. His main complaint was basically that it was a survival horror game, and not a first person shooter. I'd ignore his review until more come out.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Soundwave said:
EDGE Magazine awarded Zombi U a 7/10.

So that's a decent score.

Well, that's reassuring, and more trust worthy than GameSpot.

By the way, for those that are comparing it with Red Steel, EDGE scored it with a 5/10.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Chandler said:
gumby_trucker said:

Eventually it's just one man's opinion, and perhaps indeed the game just isn't for him. But from the review it doesn't sound like he hates survival horror and only plays shooters. It sounds like he thinks this is too basic to be a good survival horror game. From what I've seen of ZombiU there are definitely elements that remind me of the original RE, but maybe this game went too far in that direction and as a result feels tedious. If he is just trolling, then yeah, I agree with you.

edit: Anyway I'm waiting to hear what people who enjoyed Dark/Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter think of this game before passing judgement.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Soundwave said:

http://m.gamespot.com/zombiu/

Zombi U reviews are supposed to be embargoed until Sunday night, but looks like GameSpot's review may have slipped through their mobile app (apparently you can watch their video review if you have the XBox Live app).

4.5/10

Ugly, ugly score. Combined with the mixed responses to Ninja Gaiden 3, my launch lineup plans might just be getting thrown for a massive loop.

BLOPS2 better be a good port. Could it be possible that third parties have totally dropped the ball here?

I see what your doing lol.

anyway gamespot gave Zelda skywardsword 7 or was it a 6?

not

really creditable since it's bias site now with packer

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max